U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 07-02-2009, 06:30 AM

5,530 posts, read 8,464,384 times
Default What are you paying for a Spectrum Gym membership?

Is anyone paying $30 or so for a membership there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 07-02-2009, 07:02 AM

968 posts, read 1,006,734 times
i was offered 50 dollars a month at spectrum, i passed on that cause i thought i could find better for cheaper, i toyed with the idea of lifetime fitness, but 100 bucks a month is a little insane....(but the waterpark!)

if you have any info on who's offering spectrum for 30 bucks a month, i'll go to that location!!!!!

Unread 07-02-2009, 08:12 AM

2,271 posts, read 3,001,084 times
The brand new one at Medical Center is offering $40 a month, but I think that's employees only.

Unread 07-02-2009, 10:09 AM

Well, I was stupid. I canceled my Spectrum membership for Fitness19. BIG MISTAKE. Not worth it. Yea, I only pay $9 a month at Fitness, but it's not a good place to workout. They stuff as many people in there as possible and it's mostly teens bringing along their friends (nothing wrong with that, just not my type of crowd) that chat around all day. Also, it's small. No towels, etc. Don't matter what time you go, it's always packed.

When I canceled my Spectrum membership, they offered to bring down the price.

Unread 07-02-2009, 01:19 PM

1,534 posts, read 2,219,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Well, I was stupid. I canceled my Spectrum membership for Fitness19. BIG MISTAKE. Not worth it. Yea, I only pay $9 a month at Fitness, but it's not a good place to workout. They stuff as many people in there as possible and it's mostly teens bringing along their friends (nothing wrong with that, just not my type of crowd) that chat around all day. Also, it's small. No towels, etc. Don't matter what time you go, it's always packed.

When I canceled my Spectrum membership, they offered to bring down the price.
$30 a month is VERY reasonable! We pay (for me, hubby, and little one) $126 a month. I wish we could get it down to $90...that would be perfect! Good luck!

Unread 07-02-2009, 01:27 PM

794 posts, read 2,715,469 times
I was paying $49 (educator's discount) at the Spectrum in AH but quit them to join the new YMCA at Tripoint. The Y is slightly more expensive and the locker rooms aren't as nice, but it's so much closer to my house that I actually go on a regular basis. Best perk about the Y... pilates reformer classes - $50 for 6 1hr classes... waaaay less than at Spectrum.

Unread 07-02-2009, 01:34 PM

608 posts, read 1,093,296 times
Kelly, what do you pay for your son? Does that include the child watch (meaning: do I have to pay an additional fee for child watch)?
Does the child care have split hours in the afternoons, or is it continuous care?

At LTF I pay $5/child per month, and the hours are all day long. That's basically the only reason I stay there.

Unread 07-02-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelesteDF View Post
but it's so much closer to my house that I actually go on a regular basis.
That's one thing I forgot to mention. Fitness19 is a little further and I find myself going less and less. Spectrum is just like 2 blocks from my house and I used it more.

Unread 07-02-2009, 01:48 PM

1,534 posts, read 2,219,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miche111e View Post
Kelly, what do you pay for your son? Does that include the child watch (meaning: do I have to pay an additional fee for child watch)?
Does the child care have split hours in the afternoons, or is it continuous care?

At LTF I pay $5/child per month, and the hours are all day long. That's basically the only reason I stay there.
I can't quite remember how much we pay for him. It's something like, $30 a month or so...I can't remember. We don't pay anything extra each time we visit. Now, I do have to point out, there are two type of memberships at Spectrum. There's one, all city, where you can go to any Spectrum gym, or you can choose just one gym and use that one. We chose the all city membership and we generally go back and forth between two of the gyms (depending on what classes they are offering and when!). So, the one gym has a break in their child care in the afternoon, but the other one is 8-8, I think. You are only supposed to use two hours at a time too. Also, they have a later gator program where they will watch your child (and you can leave the building) for 4 hours on certain days, and there's also the VIP nights where parents can go out. We have used both of those programs as well. Those two programs you DO have to pay for, but they are not very expensive.

Unread 07-02-2009, 02:03 PM

608 posts, read 1,093,296 times
Thanks. I just wish a club would open on our corner. Then it would be an easy decision for me. But by the time I get all the way to Bandera Rd. the traffic isn't so bad anymore anyway...

The thought of paying another registration fee makes me sick too, so that's why I stay. But some of LTF's policies are asinine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio