U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 07:31 PM

244 posts, read 1,017,296 times

Advertisements

With extra emphasis on "TEJAS". It really doesn't feel like part of the US, but I digress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2007, 07:34 PM

283 posts, read 1,723,039 times
The way I see it, the northern half of SA might as well be annexed along with Schertz, Cibolo, Boerne, Spring Branch, Bulverde, Helotes, New Braunfels and San Marcos and get us into Austin.

The Southern half of SA might as well go with the rest of the Valley and Corpus Christi and be part of Northern Mexico.

Old 04-19-2007, 08:53 PM

244 posts, read 1,017,296 times
hahaha good point. Mean but true.

Old 04-20-2007, 07:04 AM

545 posts, read 2,086,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0vemberHAWK View Post
I have not encountered anyone on this site who strictly bad mouths SA.
Hello?

Quote:
I do not like people to give false descriptions about anything.
But evidently you don't like to back up your opinions with facts either.

Quote:
I know I am but there are a few posters on here that can not accept facts and figures that disclose San Antonio's true identity.
When you start using facts and citing sources, maybe some of us will accept them.

I'm not saying that San Antonio is all roses. I know we have our problems here, just like ANY OTHER MAJOR CITY. However, as I've said before, this is a city where ordinary people aren't priced out of everything. You have no idea what it's like to have a degree, work your tail off, and still have to rent because you can't afford to buy a house.

Yes, San Antonio has some problems, but I've also said before that I like living here because it has a small town feel to it. I prefer that over living in a large city where people look down their nose at you if you don't attend the 'right' events, drive the 'right' car and live in the 'right' neighborhood. I love the fact that San Antonio pokes fun at things like that...just look at what's coming up - a week long party where we celebrate El Rey Feo - The Ugly King. We have a mud party when they drain the river every year.

You have to take San Antonio for what it is...and it surely isn't Dallas, Houston or Austin. THANK GOD!

Old 04-20-2007, 07:28 AM

1,433 posts, read 3,521,254 times
I haved lived in a lot of different cities and I have to say this is by far one of my favorites. There are traffic issues, but really being one of the nation's largest cities it isn't THAT bad. Every city I have lived in has had growth issues and roads under construction. Its just part of it. I love the people here and there are lots of things unique to San Antonio. Out of all the places I have lived it is my favorite city. Every place has its pros and cons.

Old 04-20-2007, 07:44 AM

4,439 posts, read 8,193,545 times
I have to agree. 7th largest city = traffic. I don't know of another major city that doesn't have traffic issues. Nashville (IMO) had horrible traffic. Worse than here but their roads were great. You could eat off those road. Then again TDOT (not TXDOT) gets hounded in the press every single day for the amount of money they put into roads.

I also agree that the roads are bad here. However, my opinion is that the other great things about San Antonio trump traffic/roads. Just my opinion though.

Old 04-20-2007, 07:48 AM

554 posts, read 2,101,595 times
Maybe people expect to come to a city with a "smal town" feel and expect it to have "small town" traffic?

Old 04-20-2007, 08:24 AM

2,392 posts, read 8,612,143 times
Gotta agree that Hello seems not to like SA to much but seems to not be moving either..hmmm..Twinkle just made a wrong move for her and her family..not sure why she moved out here besides the real estate prices and I do think that had she bought in another area of town she might have been ok with it but the lack of family I think would have got to her in the end...the roads here while its a dang old town and the spokes of the wheel here in SA lead out to what used to be major ranches in the areas and also stage coach routes and so those turned into streets..if you have got such a problem with that go talk to the Spaniards and ask them why they did it that way long ago. Its something you have to get used to and if you are coming from a grid since that has no such flare then its harder to wrap your internal mapping skills around. The more bad monthing about Texas that goes on is fine by me..means more people will think twice about moving to Texas..course I would like hill country prices to keep rising since I have a ranch outside of Boerne...

Old 04-20-2007, 08:30 AM

14,613 posts, read 31,142,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neddy View Post
Gotta agree that Hello seems not to like SA to much but seems to not be moving either..hmmm..Twinkle just made a wrong move for her and her family..not sure why she moved out here besides the real estate prices and I do think that had she bought in another area of town she might have been ok with it but the lack of family I think would have got to her in the end...the roads here while its a dang old town and the spokes of the wheel here in SA lead out to what used to be major ranches in the areas and also stage coach routes and so those turned into streets..if you have got such a problem with that go talk to the Spaniards and ask them why they did it that way long ago. Its something you have to get used to and if you are coming from a grid since that has no such flare then its harder to wrap your internal mapping skills around. The more bad monthing about Texas that goes on is fine by me..means more people will think twice about moving to Texas..course I would like hill country prices to keep rising since I have a ranch outside of Boerne...
Good point about the bad-mouthing! Thanks for finding the positive spin. I just don't understand why people STAY if they are so miserable! I left Dallas after 18 months due to misery! All those "sophisticated" "educated" people made me nuts. And I truly don't understand how, if they are so miserable, posting about it on an internet forum is helping their situation. Misery loves company, I guess. But I say get off your butt and change your circumstances!

Old 04-20-2007, 09:02 AM

443 posts, read 1,359,193 times
i think it boils down to how to find ones inner happiness... if you can't find that inside of you, no matter where you go or live, you will be miserable and dissatisfied...
on the other hand, if you have it, wherever you are, you are mostly delighted. i say home is where your heart is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or