Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 07:47 PM

80 posts, read 189,198 times

Advertisements

I have the new guide also and I'm not digging it at all. I have scheduled recordings for all new episodes of Law & Order SVU. The new guide recorded the previous episode that came on at 8:00 but didn't record the new one that came on at 9:00. My spouse hates it also. He said he was going to call Time Warner and ask for a discount if things didn't get better. (I told him good luck with that LOL!) I'm glad to hear there may be an option to change it back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 08:03 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,781,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reserve at WC View Post
I have the new guide also and I'm not digging it at all. I have scheduled recordings for all new episodes of Law & Order SVU. The new guide recorded the previous episode that came on at 8:00 but didn't record the new one that came on at 9:00. My spouse hates it also. He said he was going to call Time Warner and ask for a discount if things didn't get better. (I told him good luck with that LOL!) I'm glad to hear there may be an option to change it back.
What is a discount going to solve? Paying a little less isn't going to make the menu any better.

If it sucks..it sucks!!

Old 05-20-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
What is a discount going to solve? Paying a little less isn't going to make the menu any better.

If it sucks..it sucks!!
In his mind TW is the least suckiest service out of Dish and ATT so if it makes him him to pay a little less for a service he's not happy with then I support him. Actually he's my spouse so I'll support him in pretty much anything.

Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Bo; 05-20-2010 at 10:00 PM..

Old 05-20-2010, 08:18 PM

56 posts, read 115,382 times
I wish I would have known that about not switching. I would have stayed if I knew it was this bad. I like to schedule the DVR to record everything I lwatch once a week since the so called "season pass" version of TiVo is worthless. But not being able to go to a specific day, what a joke. Then, if you search by the title, it only shows the program coming on if it plays on the day you are on. So trying to record the NBA playoffs on Saturday, I have to go to the channel and hit the right button to scroll to the exact time it comes on. Huge step backwards TWC. Unreal how everyone else gets better with change and thy get worse.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasboy1022 View Post
I like to schedule the DVR to record everything I lwatch once a week since the so called "season pass" version of TiVo is worthless. But not being able to go to a specific day, what a joke. Then, if you search by the title, it only shows the program coming on if it plays on the day you are on. So trying to record the NBA playoffs on Saturday, I have to go to the channel and hit the right button to scroll to the exact time it comes on. Huge step backwards TWC. Unreal how everyone else gets better with change and thy get worse.
If you go to guide>access menu>find shows and then type in NBA Basketball it'll bring up all the listings for the games for Saturday. From there just hit select then it'll give you the option to record this show or record the series. Hope that helps.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:50 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,823,729 times
Something is going on with TWC on our street although we have not had any problems. Everyday this week (M.T.W. Time Warner Employees and today a Contractor for TW) have been in our backyard since we are blessed with one of those green cable contraptions. I would rater have that contraption verses the large green CPS box in the backyard.

As long as they continue contacting us before they enter the backyard and the keep closed I can't complain. My Wife is getting tired of it though. I have told her there is not much we can do since there is a utility easement. I also don't want any of my neighbors' to miss Judge Judy, Judge Alex, or Judge this and that. Good Gosh have you noticed all the Judge Shows on TV?

Old 05-20-2010, 10:02 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,624,243 times
As for the new Menu/Guide...not impressed at all. Maybe in the future cable will be more tied into the computer and you can program that way.

Last edited by Steel Man; 05-20-2010 at 10:53 PM..

Old 05-20-2010, 10:22 PM

522 posts, read 1,127,638 times
i've not noticed a difference for this menu everyone speaks of (though we have the most basic of set ups and don't record anything) but i do know we're about to drop cable on time warner. we pay more for cable than we do for internet, and watch more shows via the internet (yes, legally!) than we ever have on the television. it's just too much for too many stations we never watch. cable ala carte would be great but until that day comes (never) we'll stick to the occasional computer viewing and netflix.

i'm also with traficdogn. would rather get some sort of television option through the xbox (which is really our media box now a days) than anything else.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:18 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,672,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasboy1022 View Post

I'm done with them. I have been thinking about switching to DirecTV for awhile but have been reluctant to change. I have been with TWC for over 7 years. But now it is easy. I'm done.
Do it and dont look back. You might pay a little more but their picture quality is insanely good and their DVR's are pretty solid. I have a 1TB external hard drive connected to my DVR so we never run out of space although the drive that is in the box holds something like 75-10hrs of HD programing.

I have been with them since 2001 so I guess I am somewhat of a fanboy, but it's ok I freely admit it.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:38 AM

56 posts, read 115,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
Do it and dont look back. You might pay a little more but their picture quality is insanely good and their DVR's are pretty solid. I have a 1TB external hard drive connected to my DVR so we never run out of space although the drive that is in the box holds something like 75-10hrs of HD programing.

I have been with them since 2001 so I guess I am somewhat of a fanboy, but it's ok I freely admit it.
Nice, thanks for the feedback. What part of SA do you live in? I live out in Helotes, and there are alot of homes in my neighborhood with DirecTV or Dish. So I assume they must have very good coverage.

That is a ton of storage! I have 2 HD DVRs, and they don't hold anything. What a huge and expensive joke those things are. They run me nearly $40 a month too. I have been suckered for too long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio