U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 09:08 PM

4,263 posts, read 6,870,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
Please feel free to add on to the list. Hopefully it can help highlight ways to save even a little among SATX's large military community.

In one day, I saved 10% at IHOP, 10% at Dick's Sporting Goods, and 20% at Sports Clips.

There's already a thread on this...somewhere..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 09:11 PM

13,805 posts, read 18,358,537 times
I'll help Bowie merge them.. Best Deals for Active Military and Dependent in Town

Old 07-14-2009, 09:34 PM

129 posts, read 209,941 times
I saved 10% at IHOP, 10% at Dick's Sporting Goods, and 20% at Sports Clips.

Panda Express at Culebra/1604 told me they stopped the discount recently.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:02 PM

13,805 posts, read 18,358,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by holmesmic View Post
IHOP very recently just dropped their discount from 20% to 10%. Well, my location did (Culebra @ 1604). We went there just about 2 weeks ago and it was still 20%, today it was 10%. Boo! (Not to say I'm not greatful for the 10%, but 20% was great!)
it could be just that one. I went there on the 4th of July and used the buy one entree and two drinks and get a free entree free coupon and they refused to accept it because it was a holiday. I pointed out that the coupon said USE ANY DAY (it was in all caps on the coupon) and they still refused. I told them they'll never see me in there again and I have no intention of ever going back. I can see trying to remain competitive in today's market, but that was just rude and dishonest. I'll check out the inside 410 just north of Marbach one some night when I'm working and see what they do. They've always had the 20% off for military every time I went.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
I saved 10% at IHOP, 10% at Dick's Sporting Goods, and 20% at Sports Clips.

Panda Express at Culebra/1604 told me they stopped the discount recently.
do you know if dependents can get that 10% off at Dick's too? My son likes that store and he still has an ID for a couple more months. and thanks for reminding me about Panda Express. We just went to the Potranco location the other day and not only did they stop offering a 10% military discount but they screwed up the order three times (you have to be special to suck that bad) and the grease they fried the shrimp in was so disgusting that it actually made my wife's orange juice taste bad. I don't know what happened to them in the past month or so, but it was seriously sucking monkey butt.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:11 AM

237 posts, read 368,213 times
Shoe Carnival at Alamo Ranch Shopping Center gives a mil. disc. on Tuesday's.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:42 AM
djw

951 posts, read 1,896,159 times
Quiznos at 151/410 offers military discount on Tuesdays.

And RD, that Panda at Potranco has been sub-par for months imo! Can they at least get the graffitti off the sign out front?

Old 07-15-2009, 11:53 AM

129 posts, read 209,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post

do you know if dependents can get that 10% off at Dick's too?

Possibly, I only have a green IRR ID, not the Active Duty CAC ID, so I'd try it out.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:15 AM

Location: TX Hill Country-Helotes, Pipe Creek/Lake Hills & San Antonio, TX
845 posts, read 943,053 times
10% off at Sally's Beauty Supply

Old 08-06-2009, 10:43 AM

45 posts, read 83,761 times
Aeropostale (clothing store) offers 10% all purchases.

A gripe I do have about Ripleys here in San Antonio is that they only offered us $1.00 off last night. No thanks.

At the Ripleys in Myrtle Beach, SC the past several years (including 2008) they gave us 75% off. Huge difference.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:46 AM

3 posts, read 2,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejano2828 View Post
I'll give you the best deal of all but it's not in San Antonio well Seaworld is and it's free for the military.
Last time I checked a seaworld ticket was like what 40 something? Well for military and dependents it's free once a year. My usual schedule is take my son and wife to Sea world for free, make a pitstop at the Bud house, drink 4 beers free. Have fun all day, eat some ribs-stop at the bud house again in the afternoon drink 4 more beers then go about till it closes, doesn't get any better than that. But, let me tell you about a deal you can't pass up.

Walt Disney Florida is offering 1 military member a free 5 day pass to all the parks. Then 99 dollars for atleast 5 family members or friends. The Shady green resort on the resort is also for the military 35 dollars a night. Offer ends December 23rd, I'm going . The 99 dollars for family members includes 5 tickets one for each park a savings of gazillions of dollars...so yah its a great deal.
Hello, My name is Shannon and my family and I are planning a trip to San Antonio this summer to visit my father plus to enjoy the river walk and sea world. I was checking out their web page and didnt see anything about military and if military and dependents of Active Duty and discounts. We were there 3 years ago and got in free. Are they still doing free admission once a year?

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio