Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 06:55 PM

3 posts, read 5,310 times

Advertisements

RC model aircraft park
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 07:00 PM
5RP 5RP started this thread

20 posts, read 35,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyerATaolDOTcom View Post
RC model aircraft park
sounds interesting. what's a RC model aircraft? thanks, 5rp

Old 07-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,108,718 times
Add some wood structures and make it a skateboard park. The skateboarders of San Antonio are clamoring for more places to do their thing. I've seen them at public meetings, begging the parks department to give them more parks.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:47 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,987,315 times
Bowie

According to the owner of Evolution Skateboards, there will be a new skatepark opening up across from their new location on Bandera Road later this year (they closed their Bandera Pointe store last week and are in the process of opening up their new store further south on Bandera Road).

As for the RC aircraft idea, there was a model aircraft park right behind the HEB at Bandera and 1604 that seems to have shut down about a year ago. It used to be quite well used, as we use to see the models flying over it all the time. I don't know why it closed but if it was due to a lack of interest, I don't know if a place that far out of town would generate much business.

It is paved, correct? I was thinking about a dirt track for motorcycles, if it is banked but if it is paved than that would be useless. If you have a lot of land and are looking for something to do with it, one of the things that this city and area are both short of is offroad parks for four-wheelers and quads. The closest is Cline Ranch near Medina Lake and one of the few within a hundred-mile drive of San Antonio--Katemcy Rocks--recently closed for good. There are a lot of four-wheelers and Jeepers like myself who would love someplace close to do a day-run to!

Cheers! M2

Old 07-09-2009, 07:56 PM

If you have a lot of land and are looking for something to do with it, one of the things that this city and area are both short of is offroad parks for four-wheelers and quads. The closest is Cline Ranch near Medina Lake and one of the few within a hundred-mile drive of San Antonio--Katemcy Rocks--recently closed for good. There are a lot of four-wheelers and Jeepers like myself who would love someplace close to do a day-run to!

Cheers! M2[/quote]

Cheers to you too M2. The partners and I find your idea interesting. Many thanks. 5RP

Old 07-09-2009, 07:59 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,505,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RP View Post
hey svg210, you might be confused with another track with similar name. no gravel at this track. the lease holder bailed in 2007 supposedly because the city making things difficult.

nix54, no we aren't renting now. we own the race track and surrounding 280 acres (more or less). selling price needs to be discussed with listing agent. for sale sign on property. The race track is intact with bleachers (in good shape), bathrooms (need repairs), general buildings associated with race track (concession area, box office, etc -- need repair).

thanks, 5RP

not really that gravel is now paved and covered in asphalt. Its the lateral road or the entrance to the track on Watson.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
not really that gravel is now paved and covered in asphalt. Its the lateral road or the entrance to the track on Watson.
what year was that?

Old 07-09-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
Are you talking about Alamo Dragway - now the site being developed by DAW and the Roland Trucking Company being on a portion of that site? I know for a fact that no work has been done on the San Antonio Speedway Site for many many years.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,354 times
it's to bad san antonio speedway, and alamo dragway closed. me and my family have alot of good memories at both places.
but how about an outdoor theater, with just one screen. you could have everyone park in the infield since there is only one way in, and use the scoreboard as a screen with some work. the high banks would block people's view from street so they would have to pay to get in. you already have consession stands, and restrooms. your away form the city's light and it really gets dark out there, and quite, plus not to far from the city itself. there are no more outdoor theaters in SA. the mission theater closed so you should be able to get the equipment form them since they dont need it anymore. or you could open the track again........lol

Old 07-09-2009, 11:46 PM

214 posts, read 501,907 times
Look up the drive in theater in Lubbock Texas, and how they operate. They opened a couple years before I moved away, and it was a huge hit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio