U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 12:53 PM

7,629 posts, read 14,339,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheermomof4girls View Post
You can avoid that intersection, sort of. If you take the exit after the 281 exit off of 1604, I think it's Gold Canyon, and do a turn around at the light. It's an easy right turn off the access rd. When it's time to head home , there is a rd behind there that leads past the gym and hits Sonterra rd. Take Sontera to Hardy Oak and that will get you back on 1604. I have never had any traffic issues going that route.
What a GREAT idea!!! Will DEFINITELY do that!!!

Stoneoak, you let me know how you like it the second time...and your burger is on ME if you don't love it...I'll reimburse you I am that certain that you will enjoy it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 12:55 PM

4,263 posts, read 9,691,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post

Stoneoak, you let me know how you like it the second time...and your burger is on ME if you don't love it...I'll reimburse you I am that certain that you will enjoy it!
There we have it..someone who talks the talk and is willing to walk the walk! I gotta respect that.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:57 PM

7,629 posts, read 14,339,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
must have just stopped by on a bad day, when the cook didn't show or was hung over... or I ordered the one thing on the menu everyone else knows not to get...I have that kind of luck

will swing by another day and try it again...stay tune for the dramatic results!!

Anyone try Smashburger near Evans and Hwy 281 yet??
Have not tried Smashburger, but have heard good reviews from some at work about it as well.

I had to bring 1/2 of my burger home yesterday because DH was SO stuffed after his (and he normally cleans up my leftovers)...and we both agreed we thought it was even great as leftover...the mushrooms/horseradish sauce had married into it.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:20 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,077,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post

you gotta a deal!

Old 07-12-2009, 03:32 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,140,476 times
Paka, I forgot to tell you, but last time I was there, it was awful! I think I need to go try it again, too. Just to make sure.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:41 PM

330 posts, read 829,463 times
I also love GBG especially the sweet potatoes fries!!! I tried smashburger and they use real meat , give you a choice of different buns and toppings and it was very good too ! I vote for both

Old 07-13-2009, 10:08 AM

425 posts, read 1,028,896 times
I eat here at least once a week. BE SURE to sign up for the email list...there is a daily special (not just for lunch...it's open to close) where you get a burger, fries, and drink for $6.99. It's a different burger each day, and some of them are very inventive and unique (lamb, bison, turkey, shrimp, scallops, etc). There are specials on the weekend, but they generally run about $10-$12 or so.

I agree the sweet potato fries are amazing. I haven't had the onion rings yet, and will give them a try next time.

Since I am on the mailing list, I will post what is on tap for this week (I don't think it is listed on their site):

Monday: 7/13/09
Soup: Chicken Corn Chowder Cup-$3.25 Bowl-$4.95
GBG Combo:Lynchburg Burger – An 8oz Certified Angus Beef Burger topped with Black Pepper Bacon & Lynchburg Caramelized Onions on a Sourdough Roll, served with Home Style Chips and Tea $6.99

Tuesday: 7/14/09
Soup: Onion Soup Cup-$3.25 Bowl-$4.95
GBG Combo:Boston Salad – Grilled Chicken Breast tossed with Boston Bibb Lettuce, Granny Smith Apple, Grape Tomatoes, Cucumber, Toasted Walnuts and Blue Cheese Dressing topped with Sweet Red Onion & Danish Blue Cheese, served with Tea $6.99

Wednesday: 7/15/09 KIDS EAT FREE ALL DAY!!!
Soup: Broccoli Cheddar Cup-$3.25 Bowl-$4.95
GBG Combo:Chicken Fried Steak Burger – Breaded Certified Angus Beef patty deep fried and topped with our Cream Gravy on a Sourdough Roll, served with Home Style Chips and Tea $6.99
Join us for Family Fun Night with Our Balloon Artist from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM!!!

Thursday: 7/16/09
Soup: Minestrone Cup-$3.25 Bowl-$4.95
GBG Combo: Italian Sausage & Peppers – Grilled Italian Sausage topped with our Sweet Pepper, Onion Tomato mixture on a Hoagie Roll, served with Home Style Chips and Tea $6.99

Friday: 7/17/09
Soup: New England Clam Chowder Cup-$3.25 Bowl-$4.95
GBG Combo: Teriyaki Burger – An 8oz Certified Angus Beef Burger basted with our Teriyaki Sauce and topped with an Asian Pear Slaw on a Sourdough Roll, served with Home Style Chips and Tea $6.99

Saturday: 7/18/09
Soup: Shiner Bock Wild Mushroom Cup-$3.25 Bowl-$4.95
GBG Combo: Tostada Burger– An 8oz Certified Angus Beef Burger topped with Monterrey Jack & Cheddar Cheeses, Refried Beans, Pico de Gallo, and Guacamole served on Corn Tortilla Shells with side of Tortilla Chips & Our Fire Grilled Salsa, served with Tea $10.95

Sunday: 7/19/09
Soup: Crab Bisque Cup-$3.25 Bowl-$4.95
GBG Combo: Key West Shrimp Burger – Marinated Texas Gulf Shrimp grilled and served with our Lime Cilantro Cream Sauce on a Sourdough, served with Home Style Chips and Tea $12.95
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio