Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 04:56 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,382,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
No apologies nessesary. One more question. Are the enchiladas made with red tortillas?
No, but they are GOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDD! I order the cheese with onions...yummmm, yummmmmmmm!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 05:48 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,016,134 times
I am looking for some good old fashonied Chicken Mole

Old 09-30-2007, 10:40 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,401,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr7025 View Post
OMG Your so right.. it's righ behind the Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center little green place. One of my best friends from High School's Dad owned that place.... He (my friend Adam) looked like Shaggy from Scooby Doo . We would go there after school (Lanier) and have the greatest Pizza you will EVER taste.

I have a question about this, is he the son of the current owner? because my grandparents used to own the place before it was turned into a pizza place in 1995. They ran a mom and pop grocery store from 1947-1995.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:23 PM

154 posts, read 629,356 times
I came back to this thread, because hubby and I ate at Liberty Bar for the first time today.

Let me be honest - I have not been particularly impressed so far with the food in San Antonio. I know I'll hear howls and jeers for that, but I came here from an area that is a foodie's HEAVEN. You can't walk a block in Charleston SC without running into dozens of REALLY good independent restaurants (not chains). So my standards are pretty high.

I thoroughly enjoyed Liberty Bar. We had the smoked salmon, tuna, queso chilango and white anchovy appetizer with crackers and fabulous spicy Creole mustard. I had the Stilton and pear salad (yummy!), and hubby had the venison burger. Good food, imaginatively prepared, very fresh. The bread is excellent as well - I bought a loaf to bring home.

BTW, we had a nice chat with the owner while there, and he confirmed that yes, he is opening a new place in SouthTown, that will be similar but not an exact copy. As for whether Liberty Bar will close, evidently there are lease issues with the owners of the building. It seems that with the Pearl Brewery and Riverwalk expansion, the land is going to be worth more as a parking lot than leased to the restaurant. Here's hoping it stays!

Old 10-08-2007, 12:45 PM

107 posts, read 411,303 times
VooDoo Lounge SWC is right by the old Tacoland, behind the Pearl brewery. Also try Patsy's ice house on N Flores/Russel and Angie's Patio on Lower Fredricksburg.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:04 PM

4 posts, read 16,185 times
Do you by any chance know the owner's name? I'm trying to find Giusepp's Italian restaurant, the one that used to be located by Lockhill selma. Someone told me he owns a Pizzeria now. I know his son is named Giovanni I used to go to school with him. I was thinking maybe he put it in his son's name, for when he retires, he was Italian. Last name was Palmeri. Best Italian food, ever.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:44 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,382,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alygasm View Post
Do you by any chance know the owner's name? I'm trying to find Giusepp's Italian restaurant, the one that used to be located by Lockhill selma. Someone told me he owns a Pizzeria now. I know his son is named Giovanni I used to go to school with him. I was thinking maybe he put it in his son's name, for when he retires, he was Italian. Last name was Palmeri. Best Italian food, ever.
If you find that they are open somewhere else, please share the location with me!!!! I had never eaten there, but sure sound worth a try if they are still in business somewhere in town.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:36 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,562,458 times
Good, non-fanchise Italian food is hard to find in San Antonio these days. My wife and I are looking for an Italian place to go on our anniversary this Thursday. We both love Italian food but don't care for franchises. Any suggestions?

Old 10-23-2007, 09:35 AM

796 posts, read 3,039,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
Good, non-fanchise Italian food is hard to find in San Antonio these days. My wife and I are looking for an Italian place to go on our anniversary this Thursday. We both love Italian food but don't care for franchises. Any suggestions?
How about Aldo's? I don't think it is a franchise.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:29 AM

35 posts, read 187,252 times
Recently tried The Lords Kitchen. Definitely a dive/hole in the wall but the burgers are out of this world. Freshly prepared ground beef, not pre-frozen patty kind of stuff. Definitely worth a revisit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio