U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 02:51 PM

2,394 posts, read 3,439,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
San Antonio Heat is worse than South Fl Heat.

Reason #1 - South Fl has a seebreeze.
Reason # 2 - South Fl it actually rains daily.
Reason #3 - The temps are consistantly hotter in SA than in South Fl.

So I take SA as the lesser of 2 evils.
I spent a spring, summer and early fall commuting between San Antonio and Florida. In Florida, I traveled a lot from Tampa To Key Largo and back. In my experience:

1. Tampa was slightly more uncomfortable on average than San Antonio.

1a. San Antonio was slightly less humid, but hotter.

1b. San Antonio is plenty humid (dew point averages 69 degrees in July, which is pretty bad; most of S. FL averages around 73, even worse).

2. It was almost always nicer in the Keys. The temperature was often lower than central Florida, and there was often a 'tropical breeze' that somehow took the sting out of the high temperature and humidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 01:41 PM

2 posts, read 5,134 times
San Antonio is much drier and virtually no air movement. I just moved from Texas after living there 8 years. I am from Florida. I can tell you at least the air moves here. SA feels like the sun is sitting on your head. Terrible, miserable, heat.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:09 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,172,603 times
Odd, I've found there's almost always a breeze here.

Old 09-28-2012, 06:04 AM

2 posts, read 5,134 times
You must be standing near a fan.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:35 AM

77 posts, read 120,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim8 View Post
Odd, I've found there's almost always a breeze here.
There is always a breeze. I'm not sure what the poster you quoted is even talking about.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:44 AM

2,008 posts, read 2,181,406 times
My husband is from Ft. L and he always says there is nothing comparable to the ocean breeze you get there. He says it's hotter here in the summer but less humid (at least in SA and Austin), and so the dry heat is preferable. But, he misses the water and that breeze all the time.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:20 PM

5,302 posts, read 8,055,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone13 View Post
Well Houston and Corpus Christi are just about as hot and humid as South Florida in summer, but South Texas on the other hand gets brutally hott(The Rio Grande Valley usually scores the highest temperaure in winter, though most people think its Arizona)...here's some weather data.
Brownsville, TX:
Houston, TX:
Laredo, TX:
Tampa, FL:
Miami, FL:
Tuscon, AZ:
Hawaii has the warmest winter temps, then South FL, then Central FL/South TX. Also, the coast of SoCal has warmer winters (especially at night) than Arizona.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:24 PM

5,302 posts, read 8,055,314 times
I too prefer humid heat over dry heat. I have lived in San Antonio, though, and it was still muggy with thundershowers and pesky bugs during the summer. HOWEVER, the temperature itself was hotter than the typical Florida summer temperature. In Florida, the sea breeze (and beaches) help to cool things off. The weather, while hot, doesn't compare to places in the interior/northeast/desert of the country, even if it is more humid.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:53 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,172,603 times
I think it must be a personal preference thing then.

While it can be humid here in the morning, it generally burns off most days by noon when it's gotten hot.

I've spent a lot of time in FL and MD in the summer and I much prefer the dry heat of San Antonio to the humid heat of FL or MD.

Even though it gets hotter here, to me it's more comfortable than the humidity, which gets you even when you're in the shade.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:55 AM

112 posts, read 153,464 times
I don't know how people think SA heat is "dry". My de-humidifier fills up daily in the summer months. Nights barely cool down, and feel humid to me. Dry summers to me are what we had in Colorado Springs. It could get in the 90's and you don't really need an A/C.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio