U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-14-2009, 12:50 PM
 
3 posts, read 4,691 times
Reputation: 11

Advertisements

I am a 30 yr old single female who currenlty live in Louisiana, but I am considering moving to SA. I did some research on the internet and discovered several different areas in SA i.e. Northeast, South, Northwest etc. I need to know truthfully the safest place to live. I don't have any children so school districts is not a concern of mine. Suggestions/comments on apartments would also be helpful. I also have a B.S. degree;therefore, I need to know is there alot of jobs for college gradutes. I would appreciate all comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Status: "just keep scrolling then?" (set 13 days ago)
 
14,613 posts, read 31,140,476 times
Reputation: 6656
Dang, our Welcome Wagon First Officer Firstclassflyer must be in a meeting with a client. Apologies from the board.

Start here and then get back to us, please:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...index-san.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2009, 02:40 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
2,260 posts, read 4,939,890 times
Reputation: 1490
I will say that there aren't a lot of jobs, period at this point in time. I strongly suggest you find a job and then move, unless you are prepared to live on savings for three months to a year. Things aren't quite as tight here as they are in the rest of the country, but it isn't all puppies and rainbows, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2009, 03:17 PM
 
418 posts, read 1,111,595 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiKi Tulip View Post
I am a 30 yr old single female who currenlty live in Louisiana, but I am considering moving to SA. I did some research on the internet and discovered several different areas in SA i.e. Northeast, South, Northwest etc. I need to know truthfully the safest place to live. I don't have any children so school districts is not a concern of mine. Suggestions/comments on apartments would also be helpful. I also have a B.S. degree;therefore, I need to know is there alot of jobs for college gradutes. I would appreciate all comments.
While schools may not be factor, they probably provide the most un-biased data about the safety of the location.

I would check out the AEIS report. I prefer looking at the "student mobility" index for each school.

Academic Excellence Indicator System
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2009, 04:24 PM
 
Location: SoCal-So Proud!
4,263 posts, read 9,691,565 times
Reputation: 1541
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Dang, our Welcome Wagon First Officer Firstclassflyer must be in a meeting with a client. Apologies from the board.

Start here and then get back to us, please:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...index-san.html
Damn...I was in meetings all day at Accenture. Missed this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2009, 09:32 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
2,260 posts, read 4,939,890 times
Reputation: 1490
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Damn...I was in meetings all day at Accenture. Missed this one.
Ugh. I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Speaking of Acc, OP, they might be hiring. I know they've laid off in Learning, but other areas may well be hiring. And just because I had a terrible experience doesn't mean everyone will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2009, 09:41 PM
 
Location: SoCal-So Proud!
4,263 posts, read 9,691,565 times
Reputation: 1541
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
Ugh. I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Speaking of Acc, OP, they might be hiring. I know they've laid off in Learning, but other areas may well be hiring. And just because I had a terrible experience doesn't mean everyone will.
They are only a client, and a rather small one for us. I wouldn't work there, from what I've seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2009, 04:08 AM
 
1,131 posts, read 1,472,866 times
Reputation: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiKi Tulip View Post
I am a 30 yr old single female who currenlty live in Louisiana, but I am considering moving to SA. I did some research on the internet and discovered several different areas in SA i.e. Northeast, South, Northwest etc. I need to know truthfully the safest place to live. I don't have any children so school districts is not a concern of mine. Suggestions/comments on apartments would also be helpful. I also have a B.S. degree;therefore, I need to know is there alot of jobs for college gradutes. I would appreciate all comments.
It's smarter to secure a job before any move to a new city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2009, 07:43 AM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
993 posts, read 2,188,011 times
Reputation: 308
Newport Apartments and Paseo Pointe Apartments are nice gated complexes on the Northeast side, and safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2009, 11:20 AM
 
1 posts, read 1,516 times
Reputation: 10
[FONT=Verdana]I am trying to relocate back to San Antonio as of now I'm in Denver CO. I would like to know where is the safest place to live epically when I have children. My specific employment is an Assistant Property Manager and has 4 years experience in this field. I know before I move I have to make sure I have a job first. Appreciate some help Thanks in advance[/FONT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top