Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 03:23 PM

732 posts, read 3,552,966 times

Advertisements

I love Bin 555! The tapas items are really inexpensive - we had a HYUUUUGE plate of fries (pigged out and still had lots of leftovers) for 3 dollars. Plus, it's nice that you can try a bunch of new foods together (great ice-breaker for a first date!)

Enjoy! Please let us know where you end up and give us a review, if you don't mind....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 03:31 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,616,185 times
Bin 555 is good! That's an anniversary tradition for my husband and me, and you're right - without drinks it's affordable. And tapas are fun!

Old 07-16-2009, 06:18 PM
djw

951 posts, read 2,834,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingSAT View Post
Oh how fun to be 18 again!

Where is Tiagos?
151/410 Westover whatever shopping center. Once you can see past all the national chains!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Haha! He must not be taking YOUR daughter out.

Hahaha! True! I keyed in on "college" and not "teenage girl".

Sorry moms. But yeah...I only have the one to worry 'bout! And it's too funny, but there was a cutie trying her darndest to hook him at a family friend's bd party last weekend and he was totally oblivious!!! Either that or he was being a true friend and not making a move on his best buds girl! Either way, wonder how long that will last!

Old 07-17-2009, 11:34 AM

278 posts, read 693,359 times
is she a big girl? if so, take her to a chain restaurant.

seriously though, the place that fits the bill is Espana. It's near UTSA (I10 and Hausman,) plates of tapas are $4-9, drink specials are $2-4. Sit outdoors and it's quiet, and if things are going well, it's more of a bar/club inside.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:09 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,554,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
Yeah, this is me. I'm anti national chain restaurants, although I do occasionally (ocassionally? No, I think it's two Cs and an S...) eat in one - usually when it's someone's b-day and they choose a chain.

But really, I'm a live and let live type of girl, even when it comes to chain restaurants.
yeah, I don't like chains, though I occasionally find myself in one if that's the only option in town (which is the case in many Texas towns...except for Mexican, you can always find Mexican, but that's not always what I want) or if it's some group gathering I'm obligated to go to.

However, as an 18 yo college student, I loved Olive Garden. Salad and breadsticks, perfect for my budget By the time I finished college though, I'd have rolled my eyes - too long of working in and around fine food establishments (high end restaurants and caterers) in the middle of a wine area and, well, it rubbed off on me.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:10 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,554,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
Bin 555 is good! That's an anniversary tradition for my husband and me, and you're right - without drinks it's affordable. And tapas are fun!

hmmm, since we're not drinking these days, this sounds like a good option for our anniversary!

Old 07-17-2009, 12:23 PM

4 posts, read 7,839 times
Sapphire mentioned Little Italy. I have taken 2 girls there and I can honesltly say that place was PERFECT for a first date. They seat you in a nice little nook with a waiter who knows exactly how to treat the occasion.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:32 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,504,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
I am far from a teenager but I have an 18 y/o daughter.
I would suggest Chili's or Olive Garden, both are located on the NW side and should fit into your college budget.

Have fun!!
I always start off dating at the O or chillies, another good place would be TGIF's good luck.

Old 07-17-2009, 05:09 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,327,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Women love La Madelaine (sp?). Nice atmosphere, and not loud so you can actually hear your partner talk. Good luck.
I agree! Although it is not full service.

Old 07-18-2009, 05:13 AM

3 posts, read 13,938 times
Thx for all of your advices!!

I'll consider it, and hopefully I'll take her out sometime today.

I'll follow up and let you guys know how things go.

THx!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio