U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 06:47 PM

7,628 posts, read 14,333,954 times

Advertisements

There use to be a housing office on the base if you are looking for and close to any of the military bases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 08:24 PM

190 posts, read 456,724 times
Ugh, I totally agree about all the craigslist postings for apartments!

They're all in CAPS and all have (FREE MOVERS!!!)... or someone named MIKE was always dominating the listings. Blech.....

I personally like to look at the neighborhoods that I want to live in, and go from there.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:59 PM

305 posts, read 1,157,503 times
There may be other places to post like the others have recommended, but I wouldn't discount putting an ad on CL, afterall it's free. Make sure you put Single Family Home somewhere in the title...actually you can just put SFH- 3/2/2 (or whatever)- neighborhood or school (if it is one that is sought after). I, myself am looking to move in the near future and I always check CL. It is mostly apartments but it just makes it all that easier for me to weed them out (my eyes scan right over them). Since we have had this long discussion on where to market your rental, why not tell us a bit about it? Or at least a link to where yo upost it. Thanks.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:09 AM

1,517 posts, read 2,476,042 times
Personally, I would utilize a. craigslist (even tough it's knocked down, rental searches can be specific), and b. pay a realtor to advertise on MLS, which will then propagate to all the other affiliate sites. I tried directly through mySA and it was a joke (dunno if it's changed since)... my advert was tucked away in a place most people don't immediately visit, meanwhile the MLS listings were much more seamless... look around for a decent realtor, they won't charge much and it propagates to 6 or 7 sites. Think I paid $150, no commission.

However, the most responses I got were from drive-bys...

Old 07-18-2009, 07:57 AM

778 posts, read 2,217,250 times
I know it won't help the OP, but for others who may live in one of the seven sub-divisions that make up The Great Northwest, they offer free ads to homeowners and Realtors looking to sell or rent homes in the area. The ads are listed on the association web page as well as published in the monthly newspaper, Passages.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:31 AM

898 posts, read 2,552,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
if someone is really looking on craigslist they will find it. Make sure you put in keywords like the neighborhood and price. Just saying 2/1 northwest side $750 isn't going to do it. Adding things like "Monte Vista, or Medical Center, or Woodlawn" will get you the people. When i feel like looking (even though I know I'm never going to move) I always search for neighborhoods I like and in the price range I know i can afford.
and they did find it. we wented it out a few days ago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio