Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2009, 01:33 PM

324 posts, read 1,308,542 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever had a case be approved there easily?

I applied 6/11, approved for emergency food stamps. Before they would credit July's Food stamps they wanted my tax statement {because the worker was to busy to look it up herself}, which I dropped off a week ago before the deadline {wasn't right away due to flu & being hit by a car}

It's been a week of calling my worker 3+ times a day, and it still hasn't been processed yet. The caseworker has yet to return a single phone call either. I called the office to try to talk to a supervisor about it, and was informed I'd have to come down & sit all day to have a chance of seeing her supervisor {I'm on bedrest with my leg elevated due to being hit by the car}.

All I want is my food stamps & medical benefits & the case was already approved. How long can it take to check 3 boxes as yes in the system?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 01:55 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,587,247 times
I am sorry, I wonder if this is the same service you spoke of.

Compact with Texans

Old 07-16-2009, 08:40 PM

17 posts, read 34,390 times
Yes, you should have had your July food stamps by now if all requested info has been provided. The worker is delinquent with your case if you originally applied 6/11. Try calling again. You should be able to talk with that worker's supervisor, explain to the person answering the phone that you're physically unable to come to the office. A Medicaid case can take up to 45 days to be certified, unless it's Medicaid for pregnancy.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:10 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,407,148 times
Call the HHSC (Health and Human Services) Ombudsman office, 877-787-8999.

I don't qualify for food stamps now, but when I did almost a year ago...I had a issue as well. When I called that number above I told them the whole situation and they helped me.

Make sure to let them know that you have tried repeatedly to reach your caseworker and your local office to no avail.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:24 PM

604 posts, read 1,530,622 times
I agree with the above posts-- last year we needed to ask for assistance, and it was a long and painful process!!! But since you are home and on bed rest--just make it your daily project- call them non-stop. That is what I had to do and I was able to speak to a supervisor over the phone-- just keep pushing- be the pain in the butt that they cant wait to get rid of! And document everything- who you talk to, what time, what day and what they said- and make sure you let everyone you speak with know that you are documenting names. Good luck to you and God speed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: