U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 12:43 PM

121 posts, read 400,292 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know how much your average basic in ground pool would cost? I realize the costs will depend on size and materials. A ball park estimate will do starting with a low to high price. Thanks.

- Mr. Pogi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2007, 12:49 PM

1,740 posts, read 5,184,554 times
I don't have one - but a neighbor put in a Gary Pool - simple and relatively small in two years ago. No hot tub or water fall. They said it was a little under $30K - but that included some new landscaping in their back yard. My boss put one in last winter (October/November) and his was almost $70K. It has a water fall and is a salt water pool. Dark bottom, lots of landscaping and terracing around the pool. His was a Keith Zars Pool - one of the nicest I have ever scene. He lives outside 1604 past Stone Oak.

I have also financed pools that cost near $100K for high end customers in the Dominion. So I would guess the average is somewhere between my neighbor and my boss - say $40K?

Old 04-20-2007, 03:52 PM

7,629 posts, read 14,337,726 times
I think it is more how much rock you are sitting on and how hard they have to dig/blast/work to get your pool in than the esthetics in some areas of San Antonio. I would ask someone that has had a pool put in that is in your immediate area (if you know of someone) otherwise I would call around.

Two of our immediate neighbors put in ground pools in and they took FOREVER to get the rock dug out for their pools. Both pools went WAY over the scheduled number of days for completion and cost.

Not that they are not beautiful once done......I just understand it can be a real issue if you are like us on lot of rockbed to get accomplished.

Old 04-20-2007, 05:53 PM

5 posts, read 106,310 times
Mr. Pogi

I had a pool put in by Bluehaven and everything was better than I expected. I looked at every pool builder in San Antonio and they were not the cheapest nor the priciest. They've been around for over 50 years and have the best warranty in the industry. I have a custom built pool, a rock waterfall, raised hot tub, a salt system, a waterproof remote, a huge rainbow rock slab surrounding the whole pool with a raised slab for my barbecue grill that looks over the pool all for under $45,000.00. I will just say this, the quote that I got from Gary Pools and Keith Zars Pool was about $15,000-$20,000 more with all the same bells and whistles. They also finished in less than 60 days, which is stated in the contract. Price all the pool builders and check for yourself. Whatever you do dont go with the cheap builders because I have a friend who tried to save money and now its costing him more, to many details to expain. Good luck.

Old 04-23-2007, 02:51 PM

40 posts, read 155,077 times
I got a couple of quotes, and my issue was how much work is/was subbed out (particularly electrical and plumbing work). Keith Zars does not sub out any of their work, and also have a "pool package" at about $38k. Gary Pools and Keith Zars are the same family, just provide different products.

Old 04-23-2007, 03:04 PM

85 posts, read 239,615 times
I was considering one too, but seeing how the property appraisals seem to be skyrocketing, I probably will not get one done.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:08 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,138,127 times
My neighbor across the street has a really nice (albeit small) pool with hot tub, and he paid 45K for his. We are really thankful that he forked that over, not us! They are very generous with it! We love going over there but I would never spend that kind of money without a better ROI. They really do get a lot of use out of it, though.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:22 PM

1 posts, read 29,058 times
A simple "Cookie Cutter Pool" runs from 25,000+ and that's with basic set up. Go to any pool company in San Antonio and that is the starting price before they add any extras to it.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:47 AM

330 posts, read 829,406 times
Default pools in sa

Does anyone have a ball park on how much the property taxes would be , when you add a pool? Thanks Mary

Old 05-22-2008, 05:38 AM

1 posts, read 28,657 times
Mirimar Pools is managed by Dan, H. He is honest, shows up most days, and backsup his work. I have no complaints about him. He has showed me several pools that he completed and not one customer was not sold on him. Small company seems to be better because he is personally involved.

By the way, all pool companys use subs, so do most contractors. The difference is, does the builder check up on them on a daily basis, does he backup their work, and more importantly, does he pay them so there are no leins placed on your property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio