U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 03:55 PM

9 posts, read 19,485 times

Advertisements

Has anyone seen this TV console? I would love to get it but do not know where. I got this picture from the web.

Thanks all.
Attached Thumbnails
Need help looking for this TV console-40021562009b310ae04-29c7-4a64-98dd-03c98c585117.bmp  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 05:13 PM

1,365 posts, read 3,978,775 times
sorry, i tried to click the picture to make it bigger and for some reason it will not show me a bigger picture...

Old 07-21-2009, 05:48 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,347,503 times
right click and open link in new tab (that works in IE8), but it's still a very small .bmp file. It is very nice looking, though, and I would love to have something like that instead of the ginormously ugly beast I currently have.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:57 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,340,225 times
If there's one thing I know well, it's furniture.

Based on the pic, that's a nice, contemporary way to display a flat-screen... A few places in town offer that particular model, including Copenhagen Imports (on 281/Thousand Oaks) and Motif Furniture on 281/1604. There's also a better, larger and more friendly Copenhagen showroom in Austin on Burnet Rd.

If you're wanting to get that EXACT same look for much, much cheaper, I'd look into IKEA. They have a spitting-image system that goes for about $500 total. If you bought elsewhere, they'd likely charge at least $1k and then double-dip for a delivery charge too. Here's an example of what they're offering in-store, but keep in mind this is the 'all bells and whistles' version:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S19848654 (broken link)

IKEA might be flat packed and a pain in the ass to assemble, but if you're not going to abuse the piece and consider yourself someone who can easily put things together, it can be a real savings.

BN

Old 07-21-2009, 06:34 PM

okay, i right clicked and still can't open it bigger...apparently because it wants to open in Corel and my "free" uses have already been used up...

but i clicked on BN's link from IKEA and it looks like the original picture may have an entertainment center where the flat screen is hung in the middle...IF this is the case, this is the entertainment center we got from Ashley furnitre...we have our 60inch Samsung Flat Screen hung in the middle and it looks great...we get tons 'o compliments on it...

Series Name: Roslyn Heights | Item Name: PACKAGE ITEM | Model #: W566W1

Old 07-21-2009, 07:34 PM

9 posts, read 19,485 times
Hi all, you will need to right click and "Save Target As". I used another computer to try and it worked this way.

I went to Ikea and saw a new additions to the BESTA series, very nice options and the closest to this was the STIBY. The only thing that bugs me is that to get the same length, I will need to get 2 sets and there's not a good connector to join the sets.

I will also need to rent a truck to Ikea Round Rock to get it as mine's a small SUV.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:38 AM

27 posts, read 75,465 times
I'm almost positive Ikea has something similar to that and if not you can definitely hack an Ikea set to form the tv console. I bought my monster of a ent. center measuirng 11 ft W X 9 ft H at Ikea for $800 since most of it was as is with no visible damage at all. Saved me $400 dollars at Ikea not to mention the 1K if I bought at another furniture store

Old 07-22-2009, 09:51 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,340,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlee1697 View Post
Hi all, you will need to right click and "Save Target As". I used another computer to try and it worked this way.

I went to Ikea and saw a new additions to the BESTA series, very nice options and the closest to this was the STIBY. The only thing that bugs me is that to get the same length, I will need to get 2 sets and there's not a good connector to join the sets.

I will also need to rent a truck to Ikea Round Rock to get it as mine's a small SUV.

Keep in mind that IKEA will ship from their Austin location to San Antonio. It's about $200 more, but they make deliveries every Tuesday and Thursday. Not sure if that would equal out in price to renting a truck from U-Haul, but it's food for thought.

BN

Old 07-22-2009, 10:35 AM

11,941 posts, read 12,832,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
okay, i right clicked and still can't open it bigger...apparently because it wants to open in Corel and my "free" uses have already been used up...

but i clicked on BN's link from IKEA and it looks like the original picture may have an entertainment center where the flat screen is hung in the middle...IF this is the case, this is the entertainment center we got from Ashley furnitre...we have our 60inch Samsung Flat Screen hung in the middle and it looks great...we get tons 'o compliments on it...

Series Name: Roslyn Heights | Item Name: PACKAGE ITEM | Model #: W566W1
wow!! I love that one!!! did you have to sell a kidney to get it??

Old 07-22-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
wow!! I love that one!!! did you have to sell a kidney to get it??
actually no, we didn't...i didn't think it was that expensive...i am trying to remember how much we paid for it...it was maybe $1200???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio