U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-22-2009, 03:07 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
399 posts, read 1,030,058 times
Reputation: 192

Advertisements

Does anyone know why they are clearing trees on the NW corner of Stone Oak Pkwy and Evans? I can't find anything, it seems like they're doing this very quietly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-22-2009, 03:12 PM
 
5,635 posts, read 13,977,479 times
Reputation: 2731
Quote:
Originally Posted by 713 to 210 View Post
Does anyone know why they are clearing trees on the NW corner of Stone Oak Pkwy and Evans? I can't find anything, it seems like they're doing this very quietly.
People because want more material things. Cut down the trees = more box stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2009, 03:12 PM
 
Location: SoCal-So Proud!
4,263 posts, read 9,715,181 times
Reputation: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
People because want more material things. Cut down the trees = more box stores.

...and more traffic...glad it's happening way over there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2009, 03:14 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
1,893 posts, read 4,876,600 times
Reputation: 1471
I didn't know there were any trees left in Stone Oak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2009, 03:22 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
399 posts, read 1,030,058 times
Reputation: 192
You are all a big help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2009, 04:17 PM
 
418 posts, read 1,113,826 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by 713 to 210 View Post
Does anyone know why they are clearing trees on the NW corner of Stone Oak Pkwy and Evans? I can't find anything, it seems like they're doing this very quietly.
By NW, left side going up the hill?

There was a thread on that topic a couple months ago. Can't find it. The developer is trying to re-zone it to high density housing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2009, 04:26 PM
 
Location: Stone Oak
320 posts, read 936,335 times
Reputation: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by traficdogn View Post
By NW, left side going up the hill?

There was a thread on that topic a couple months ago. Can't find it. The developer is trying to re-zone it to high density housing.

The proposed retirement community is planned about 1/4 mile north of that corner along Canyon Golf Rd. The corner the OP mentioned is the one diagonally across from the bank and Walgreens. Its been zoned for commercial use for years. The area is small and the terrain has a bit of a slope so I've always wondered how they could build something in there. Surely it won't have a nail and Subway place since we already have that just up the hill by Hardy Oak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2009, 05:44 PM
 
418 posts, read 1,113,826 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanStelle View Post
The proposed retirement community is planned about 1/4 mile north of that corner along Canyon Golf Rd. The corner the OP mentioned is the one diagonally across from the bank and Walgreens. Its been zoned for commercial use for years. The area is small and the terrain has a bit of a slope so I've always wondered how they could build something in there. Surely it won't have a nail and Subway place since we already have that just up the hill by Hardy Oak.
Thanks for the clarification. Might as well make it a donut shop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2009, 07:49 PM
 
330 posts, read 831,198 times
Reputation: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanStelle View Post
The proposed retirement community is planned about 1/4 mile north of that corner along Canyon Golf Rd. The corner the OP mentioned is the one diagonally across from the bank and Walgreens. Its been zoned for commercial use for years. The area is small and the terrain has a bit of a slope so I've always wondered how they could build something in there. Surely it won't have a nail and Subway place since we already have that just up the hill by Hardy Oak.

I may be wrong but that proposed retirement units have already gone up and seem to be almost finished... They are directly across from the Fire Dept. and down a bit from Saddle Mountain ... Some how I am sure these will turn into appartments ie more traffic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2009, 09:49 PM
 
Location: Stone Oak
320 posts, read 936,335 times
Reputation: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmac12 View Post
I may be wrong but that proposed retirement units have already gone up and seem to be almost finished... They are directly across from the Fire Dept. and down a bit from Saddle Mountain ... Some how I am sure these will turn into appartments ie more traffic

I believe those are apartments. Somehow they went up without much publicity or protest.
The Hidden Canyon development which is supposed to be a retirement community is directly on the north side of the Canyon Rim neighborhood. That's why that neighborhood voiced a lot of opposition to it. The development has around 30 acres slated for a multi-family retirement complex. The adjacent 100 acre canyon area next to Mesa Verde, Echo Canyon and Mesa Grande is to be set aside for a park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top