Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 02:15 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,116,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
What I don't get though is the whole point of those LEGO video games. Like this one:

I mean...some people have fantasies about playing video game characters that are made of LEGO?

LEGO MY EGGGGOOOOOOOO!
Lego games are awesome!
I have:
- Lego Batman
- Lego Indiana Jones (various series)
- Lego Star Wars (various series)

Lego Harry Potter is on its way!
Have you played before? Yes, they may be on the simple side but for a light gamer such as myself, it's a good entertaining thing to do!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 02:20 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,044,257 times
Sometimes they have big lego displays and people build all these giant structures with them. I think they used to do it in malls across the country, but I don't remember if they ever did any here. I would probably go check out a Lego store, just to check out all the cool new stuff they have.

When I was a kid, we did Legos, hot wheels cars, tinkertoys and blocks. I also had a cool lincoln logs set, but those are kinda boring.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:57 PM

968 posts, read 2,623,210 times
i'd be there all the time checking out the new stuff. the best thing i can do to get my nephew away from the TV is lego's, he's built stuff i never even thought of.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:18 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,288,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
Lego games are awesome!
I have:
- Lego Batman
- Lego Indiana Jones (various series)
- Lego Star Wars (various series)

Lego Harry Potter is on its way!
Have you played before? Yes, they may be on the simple side but for a light gamer such as myself, it's a good entertaining thing to do!
LEGO Batman and Indiana Jones are awesome!!!! TX Nick just doesnt know..... pfffffffffft

Old 04-01-2010, 12:06 PM

420 posts, read 1,155,214 times
The whole idea of the pick a brick wall is the one I love. You buy a cup and you can take as many of the legos from the wall as will fit in the cup and allow it to close with the lid on.

There are portions of websites devoted to strategies on how to fill the cup to the max. And they only cost like 7 or 11 dollars.

Plus it adds another place to do kids birthday parties.

Old 07-05-2010, 06:41 PM

420 posts, read 1,155,214 times
We are getting closer. They are opening a Lego store in Austin

Our soft opening date is actually Thursday July 15th, however our grand opening celebration I believe is slated for the first weekend in August (08/06-08/08).

A new LEGO Store for Texas | Brickset: LEGO set guide and database

Old 07-05-2010, 07:32 PM

810 posts, read 1,424,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingWolves View Post

Our soft opening date is actually Thursday July 15th, however our grand opening celebration I believe is slated for the first weekend in August (08/06-08/08).

Unfortunately, Austin often gets stores that SA does not get. i.e. Crate & Barrel. Just because Austin is near SA, it does not mean SA is next in line to get those stores. The market and demographics in SA are often not suitable for some stores.

Last edited by Quattro72; 07-05-2010 at 08:18 PM..

Old 07-05-2010, 08:10 PM

448 posts, read 918,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro72 View Post
Unfortunately, Austin often gets stores that SA does not get. i.e. Crate & Barrel. Just because Austin is near SA, it does not mean SA is next in line to get those stores. The market and demographics in SA is often not suitable for some stores.

You realize it goes both ways.....right?

Old 07-05-2010, 08:24 PM

810 posts, read 1,424,904 times
I do think SA will eventually get a LEGO store but not soon enough. It will most likely be at La Cantera. I think SA is missing one more Toys R Us location and it should be at either La Cantera or The Village at Stone Oak.

Old 07-06-2010, 05:27 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingWolves View Post

Honestly, I am a bit surprised that Austin would get a LEGO store before SA. Nothing against the place, but San Antonio is more of a tourist/family town and you'd think the market for them would be greater here.

Maybe the Danes felt more aligned with Austin's liberal leanings!

Cheers! M2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio