Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 09:27 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,554,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
No guts, no glory.
The general public doesn't take too kindly to its public servants ditching out early....taxpayer money and all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 09:56 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,822,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
The general public doesn't take too kindly to its public servants ditching out early....taxpayer money and all.
I'm quite sure that many things take place on the job that the "general public" would object to.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:44 PM

546 posts, read 1,499,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
Flash to pass and leave some room, why do you have to creep up all the way up his rear? Honestly I dont know whats wrong with some drivers complaining about drivers when in fact they are the ones that are driving like bats out of hell.
The point is if you are checking your mirrors often enough you would notice a line of cars building behind you. You shouldnt have to have someone give you a personal invite (such as flashing their high beams) to move out of the way.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:53 AM

993 posts, read 2,490,731 times
I think drivers like to throw their weight around, especially those in raised pick up trucks. They also seem to love to tailgate. Which is a bad thing because, their vehicles are very heavy and their momentum is huge. So if you have to slam on their brakes then you are done for. I don't like people tailgating me, and do everything I can to avoid an accident. I will speed up if I can't move over for them, just to increase their following distance, and then move over when I safely can.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:29 AM

5 posts, read 8,665 times
The left lane issue bothers me too.

But my biggest gripe is people not using their turn signals. Why is it so hard for some people to flip that little lever!?!

Old 07-30-2009, 11:59 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,339,700 times
Hey, cut those non-turn signal drivers some slack! How can you expect them to use their turn signals when they already have to drive while texting with one hand, eating a Big Mac with the other and steering their overly-pretentious-yes-I'm-having-a-midlife-crisis humvee with their knees. All while they speed across town 30 miles over the speed limit, blowing through red lights and swerving in out of traffic in a mad rush to get home so they can gripe online about the nutter who dares to drive in the left lane.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:48 AM

432 posts, read 760,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahdsmom View Post
All too often I'm in the left...but there are way too many stupid people flying down the road in the left lane that feel they own this lane and can tailgate you, them...I don't move for.
...and I'm the guy who passed you on the right, pulled in front of you, and slowed to around 30 so that the 30 or 40 motorists behind you could pull around in the right lane and get to where they're going before they expire of old age.

Move over. You're not a traffic cop. You're impeding traffic. And raising everyone's blood pressure in the process.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:23 AM

18,129 posts, read 25,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalker View Post
But my biggest gripe is people not using their turn signals. Why is it so hard for some people to flip that little lever!?!
I guess nobody's told you yet,
turn signal = flipping people off
As soon as you turn them on, I guarantee that somebody is gonna do everything possible to keep you from changing lanes

Old 07-31-2009, 09:24 AM

247 posts, read 843,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg View Post
...and I'm the guy who passed you on the right, pulled in front of you, and slowed to around 30 so that the 30 or 40 motorists behind you could pull around in the right lane and get to where they're going before they expire of old age.

Move over. You're not a traffic cop. You're impeding traffic. And raising everyone's blood pressure in the process.
There area never 30 or 40 behind me, it's always 1 idiot.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:48 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,207,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
Hey, cut those non-turn signal drivers some slack! How can you expect them to use their turn signals when they already have to drive while texting with one hand, eating a Big Mac with the other and steering their overly-pretentious-yes-I'm-having-a-midlife-crisis humvee with their knees. All while they speed across town 30 miles over the speed limit, blowing through red lights and swerving in out of traffic in a mad rush to get home so they can gripe online about the nutter who dares to drive in the left lane.
LOL! I agree with you except they aren't all driving only humvees
They come in all sorts and sizes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio