U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What restaurant would you like to see?
Mexican 1 2.94%
American (BBQ, Steaks, Burgers) 1 2.94%
Italian 6 17.65%
Asian (Chinese, Japanese, Thai) 12 35.29%
Fusion (International, Latin or Asian Fusion) 14 41.18%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 01:43 PM

4,268 posts, read 8,363,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
What kind of restaurant? A healthy alternative restaurant. A restaurant that serves healthier food. A restaurant that doesn't serve Mexican, or Hamburgers. Actually hamburgers is not such a bad menu item, as long as it's not ground chuck. Something that offers Lean Ground Beef, turkey burgers, or Garden burgers.

I am tired of going to restaurants and having to choose 2 healthy menu items from a list of 60 choices.
I agree some more healthier oriented restaurants would be a good thing, but they do exist. I don't have too much trouble finding healthy options in most places that I go. Not usually vegetarian, but lighter fare. However, I do limit the type of places I go for the most part.

On that note, however, just need to gripe. When in Corpus recently we thought we'd try the Water St Oyster Bar - looking forward to fresh seafood. The menu consists of mostly fried foods, and what's not fried is mostly non-seafood. A few shrimp dishes (few restaurants do shrimp well...), but more chicken/beef. Not what I expected from a restaurant on the water....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 01:43 PM

5,633 posts, read 13,953,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisLilSecret View Post
I guess I'm alone in seeing dining out as a treat rather than the norm. I mean, I rarely eat out, but when I do, that's when I have the foods I wouldn't eat at home...high calorie, high fat, etc. Maybe it's just me, but since I maintain a healthy diet for the most part, when I do manage to eat out, I splurge on calories and fat, so I don't stress over the menu.
Sounds good to me, but sometimes we're dragged to eat with people at restaurants that have nothing but fatty foods.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:44 PM

129 posts, read 457,922 times
A good chinese restaurant would be nice

Old 07-29-2009, 07:27 PM

4,268 posts, read 8,363,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAnativegirl View Post
A good chinese restaurant would be nice
I've discovered that the trick to finding a good Chinese restaurant (and also Thai) is to become a regular, learn a little about the cuisine, and let the owners get to know you. Then you get stuff off the menu Or at least, go with someone who's in the know....

Old 07-29-2009, 08:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,062 times
old schoolers in san antonio all know that we need a good family style Italian restaurant that is moderately priced with good old staple dishes. The was a family for years that had a great Asparagus soup and a dang good pizza pie & lasagna, all st.loius style... was it called Fertelli's? there was one at brookhallow & 281 for years...

Old 07-29-2009, 08:37 PM

14,616 posts, read 31,162,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird hills 1960s View Post
old schoolers in san antonio all know that we need a good family style Italian restaurant that is moderately priced with good old staple dishes. The was a family for years that had a great Asparagus soup and a dang good pizza pie & lasagna, all st.loius style... was it called Fertelli's? there was one at brookhallow & 281 for years...
Fratelli's.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:18 AM

490 posts, read 969,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
What kind of restaurant? A healthy alternative restaurant. A restaurant that serves healthier food. A restaurant that doesn't serve Mexican, or Hamburgers. Actually hamburgers is not such a bad menu item, as long as it's not ground chuck. Something that offers Lean Ground Beef, turkey burgers, or Garden burgers.

I am tired of going to restaurants and having to choose 2 healthy menu items from a list of 60 choices.
You should try Twin Sisters in Alamo Heights or downtown.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:28 AM

1,086 posts, read 2,947,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisLilSecret View Post
Maybe you should consider cooking/eating at home instead of limiting your choices to whatever's on a menu.

Perhaps I don't feel like eating at home everyday, I am a normal human being who likes to go out. There is no reason to be snide with your response.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:29 AM

1,086 posts, read 2,947,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr57001 View Post
You should try Twin Sisters in Alamo Heights or downtown.
I will look it up, thank you.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:43 AM

616 posts, read 1,855,132 times
I love Twin Sisters. I get the lunch special that is the tortilla soup, side salad and cornbread. It's so good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or