U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What restaurant would you like to see?
Mexican 1 2.94%
American (BBQ, Steaks, Burgers) 1 2.94%
Italian 6 17.65%
Asian (Chinese, Japanese, Thai) 12 35.29%
Fusion (International, Latin or Asian Fusion) 14 41.18%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 10:32 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,420,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
I've heard of the Melting Pot here, but I don't know how much of it is truly fondue or how it's served. Anyone been there? Is it still open?
Still open, and they have Gruyere and Emmenthaler Swiss cheese fondues, as well as Bourguignon (hot oil) fondue. Generally, you have a cheese fondue course, salad, main course (meat/seafood and veggie fondue) and chocolate fondue for dessert.

Oh, I need to get me some!!

Last edited by pobre; 07-31-2009 at 10:32 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 10:57 PM

4,263 posts, read 9,697,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pobre View Post
Still open, and they have Gruyere and Emmenthaler Swiss cheese fondues, as well as Bourguignon (hot oil) fondue. Generally, you have a cheese fondue course, salad, main course (meat/seafood and veggie fondue) and chocolate fondue for dessert.

Oh, I need to get me some!!
You can get Kirschwasser added to your fondue as well. Mmmmm. Been to many Melting pots across the country.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:42 AM

2,394 posts, read 3,442,799 times
A non-chain restaurant.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:07 AM

4,796 posts, read 13,719,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
You can get Kirschwasser added to your fondue as well. Mmmmm. Been to many Melting pots across the country.
Oh...that's great! I'm glad to hear good reviews. We'll have to put that on our list to try....and scratch off the list of what SA needs.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:36 AM

810 posts, read 1,246,950 times
Authentic Chinese restaurants. Not the Americanized Chinese buffet places! The only two in town that are the closest to authentic are Phoenix Café on West Ave. and Kim Wah BBQ but quality is no where near the ones in Houston and Dallas.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:06 PM

810 posts, read 1,246,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
What kind of restaurant? A healthy alternative restaurant. A restaurant that serves healthier food. A restaurant that doesn't serve Mexican, or Hamburgers. Actually hamburgers is not such a bad menu item, as long as it's not ground chuck. Something that offers Lean Ground Beef, turkey burgers, or Garden burgers.

I am tired of going to restaurants and having to choose 2 healthy menu items from a list of 60 choices.
Actually, Adaddin’s Eatery has really good healthy burgers. Mushroom burger is my favorite there. They make their burger patties from scratch each day and they have fresh salads and wraps for a very reasonable price. Not to mention they have the BEST cake ever! You have to try their Bomb cake and it is the bomb! They are located off 1604 and just east of Stone Oak in the shopping center where EZ’s is. Aladdin's Eatery - San Antonio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or