Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2009, 10:25 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,448,856 times

Advertisements

I think I remember a discussion about this earlier, but can't find it now.

Does anyone have someone the recommend to mount two flat screen TV's for us in our new home. Moving into the Del Webb Hill Country Retreat and doing some SERIOUS downsizing, so think that mounting them is the way to go now.

Appreciate any info anyone can provide. If anyone can tell me the average cost for this service, I would appreciate it. One is a 60" and one is 52" if that matters. Any tips, pointers or "watch out for" types of warnings/advice most appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 11:51 AM

57 posts, read 158,965 times
My husband did ours himself for around $100. He bought the mounting brackets and wall plates (to hide the cables behind the drywall) online. It was pretty scary taking the 52" TV off of the stand and hooking onto the brackets! (Mostly because it was so heavy.) That was over a year ago and no problems whatsoever.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,098,960 times
I imagine the cost depends greatly on how far the cables have to run to the other devices and cable that you want to plug into the TV. The farther those cables have to be fished through the wall or into the attic, the longer the job takes and the more the wall cabling will cost.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:37 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,383,829 times
have you bought the TV's yet? and what size do you plan on buying? The smaller ones (32" or 37") aren't bad and are easy do it yourself, the really big ones (55" or 60") aren't as easy, but still can be done by yourself. If you have not bought them yet, see if you can get an install package and definitely look for someone that can fish the lines so you don't have those ugly wires. Better yet, if the house isn't built yet, get a plug and cable outlet up high where you're going to want the TV to be and also make sure there's a stud in the area too. You definitely want the mount to be in a stud otherwise you'll probably hear a loud noise one day..

Old 08-01-2009, 12:59 PM

No, we are buying a pre-owned home because of the PERFECT location in Del Webb, so will need to have it done. Got our sets from Bjorns, guess I could call them for recommendations but thought if someone had experience with an installer they could recommend and give us the lowdown on cost.

Your right RD, they are BIG and it is important they are done right. Currently on great stands, but want to have them on the wall in new home...moving from 3000 to 1800 sq ft of living space requires thoughtful planning. Oh, but the fun we will have once this move is completed...

Old 08-01-2009, 01:08 PM

Location: 281 north of 1604 - otherwise known as traffic hell
450 posts, read 1,598,646 times
I will send you a dm - this guy is a good friend of mine. He worked at bjorns and went out on his own. I can't recommend him enough.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:21 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,383,829 times
I'm jealous of the move, although my move will be NORTH
don't forget the TV for the bathroom. I haven't done that yet, but I bet it's going to be something I'll wish I had done a long time ago..

Old 08-01-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I'm jealous of the move, although my move will be NORTH
don't forget the TV for the bathroom. I haven't done that yet, but I bet it's going to be something I'll wish I had done a long time ago..
I'm moving north...3 miles north. LOL

We have fallen totally in LOVE with the place...any and everything you could ever want in amenities, location and peace. Sitting on our back deck (which backs into a protected greenbelt) you would think you are out in the hill country a million miles from the rat race of the city.

We have truly found our Ahhhhhhhhh place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio