Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What restaurant would you like to see?
Mexican 1 2.94%
American (BBQ, Steaks, Burgers) 1 2.94%
Italian 6 17.65%
Asian (Chinese, Japanese, Thai) 12 35.29%
Fusion (International, Latin or Asian Fusion) 14 41.18%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 09:54 AM

616 posts, read 2,082,753 times

Advertisements

The other place that does interior of Mexico food is that restaurant on Hildebrand and Broadway, behind what used to be the gas station and is now a bank branch. I can't for the life of me remember what it is called - someone else will remember. It's good, though. They do the whole fish Veracruzana, that sort of thing.

I'd love a Spanish restaurant, the kind that do the tortilla Espanola. Those are my favorite starch bombs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 10:01 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,978,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveUrban View Post
I would like to see an authentic British restaurant with great pasties (pasty)
FISH & CHIPS! FISH & CHIPS! FISH & CHIPS! FISH & CHIPS!

Old 07-31-2009, 10:07 AM

1,807 posts, read 2,968,368 times
Wahoo's Fish Taco. I'm not driving to Austin.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:59 AM

45 posts, read 142,511 times
As far as fast food goes I would love to have a White Castle.

I'm originally from the north where they are popular to those that like "sliders"

I also miss coney island restaurants as well as Vernors (ginger ale).

If someone knows where to find Vernors please send me a message

Last edited by ArmyWife517; 07-31-2009 at 12:02 PM.. Reason: to add more...

Old 07-31-2009, 01:36 PM

1,086 posts, read 3,359,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
eger - have you been to Madhatter's in King William? I describe it as sort of "California cuisine" for lack of a better term. I used to go all the time but the last couple of times was disappointed with their bread. Not sure if that's a new consistent thing or just a couple of times of bad luck. Otherwise, it's a great place.

I almost always get the Southtown Veggie Sandwich, but they have many other options I've tried, all good.
I will check it out!

Old 07-31-2009, 01:37 PM

1,086 posts, read 3,359,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyWife517 View Post
As far as fast food goes I would love to have a White Castle.

I'm originally from the north where they are popular to those that like "sliders"

I also miss coney island restaurants as well as Vernors (ginger ale).

If someone knows where to find Vernors please send me a message
We used to call Vernors "stump water"..lol

Old 07-31-2009, 04:56 PM

791 posts, read 3,958,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanor Rigby View Post
The other place that does interior of Mexico food is that restaurant on Hildebrand and Broadway, behind what used to be the gas station and is now a bank branch. I can't for the life of me remember what it is called - someone else will remember. It's good, though. They do the whole fish Veracruzana, that sort of thing.
I think you're thinking of La Calesa, but they closed last year and then were demolished soon after along with Ken's Texaco to make room for the new Wachovia branch. Ken's Texaco, La Calesa demolished (http://www.mysanantonio.com/business/MYSA051608_4C_KensTexaco_30de808_html.html - broken link)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanor Rigby View Post
I'd love a Spanish restaurant, the kind that do the tortilla Espanola. Those are my favorite starch bombs.
Re: tortilla española, the best I've had in SA is at Carmen's de la Calle on E. King's Highway right off St. Mary's Street. Of course, my dad makes the best tortilla in the world, but hey, I'm not flying to Spain every time I get a craving.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:06 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,360,321 times
I didn't get to read through all the pages, but did anyone suggest a Fondue Restaurant? I remember the last time we were in Geneva on our way back to Paris, we stopped at a quaint Fondue restaurant in Switzerland. It was wonderful. They had long tables that we shared with a lot of people who where dining there. The menu was great....cheese fondue, fondue with oils to cook chicken and beef and even a multitude of desert sauces for dipping cakes and finger cookies. Side dishes were served with the main fondue courses. It was as much fun as it was delicious. Of course the wine selection being superb helped too!

I've heard of the Melting Pot here, but I don't know how much of it is truly fondue or how it's served. Anyone been there? Is it still open?

Old 07-31-2009, 08:07 PM

927 posts, read 1,389,704 times
I'd love to see Legal Seafood come here sometime. They're a seafood place located up and down the East coast and they serve the absolute best chowder among other things.

Old 07-31-2009, 10:29 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,552,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
I'd love to see Legal Seafood come here sometime. They're a seafood place located up and down the East coast and they serve the absolute best chowder among other things.
Yes, second Legal's!! "If it isn't fresh, it isn't Legal"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio