Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 09:03 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times

Advertisements

There are very few things about the beach that are NOT romantic. C'mon, the sunrise, the sunset, walking hand in hand down the shore?

Gruene is OK on the back of a Harley. And fun for cuttin' a rug but there is just not enough to do IMO for a romantic weekend. The Gristmill is great for a burger and watching the river trickle by, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 09:20 AM

2,163 posts, read 4,340,538 times
Gruene is already on my list of things to do but since it's so close, I still want to do the beach as well. I'll do some research on Rockport. Keep those suggestions coming. Sorry if this is typed poorly, the best I can do on my cell phone.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:26 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,207,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
Gruene is already on my list of things to do but since it's so close, I still want to do the beach as well. I'll do some research on Rockport. Keep those suggestions coming. Sorry if this is typed poorly, the best I can do on my cell phone.
Are there any 'beaches' in Rockport? We are going to Port A in a couple of weeks because we were looking for an actual beach. I mostly just saw sea walls in Rockport. If I'm wrong please correct me, I would like to find a beach in Rockport. I like it better than Port A.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:13 PM

I have my daughter at home looking for ideas to do while we are in Port A. She just sent me this website. I thought the OP might find it useful (if you decide to go this route).
Port Aransas, Texas - TX beach lodging, accomodations, visitor info

Old 08-03-2009, 04:12 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,500,346 times
Default rockport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
Are there any 'beaches' in Rockport? We are going to Port A in a couple of weeks because we were looking for an actual beach. I mostly just saw sea walls in Rockport. If I'm wrong please correct me, I would like to find a beach in Rockport. I like it better than Port A.

Rockport has one of the best beaches on the Texas coast...very clean and perfect for walking out in the water....beautiful. Port Aransas is cool too, but if your looking for a nice beach, Rockport is the way to go.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:01 PM

Rockport it is. Made a hotel reservation today. I can't wait!

The Gristmill will probably be dinner out one evening when we're at home. I live in Cibolo, so that's only like what, a 5 minute drive

Old 08-03-2009, 06:06 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
Rockport it is. Made a hotel reservation today. I can't wait!

The Gristmill will probably be dinner out one evening when we're at home. I live in Cibolo, so that's only like what, a 5 minute drive
I hope you have fun.....the trees are so cool there! It's no Hermosa Beach, or Virginia Beach, for sure, but it's a nice, relaxing weekend getaway.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:33 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,709,092 times
I think Rockport is where my parents courted each other, lol. Last time I was there I ate at the Duck Restaurant...not sure if that's the actual name...but it had "Duck" in the title. Very nice people and the food was fresh from the water.

Have fun! We don't want to see you on the CHEATERS tv show...

Old 08-03-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
...It's no Hermosa Beach, or Virginia Beach, for sure, but it's a nice, relaxing weekend getaway.
Probably a good thing. I've been to both, and my bf used to live in Virginia Beach. It will be nice to see a different part of the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
I think Rockport is where my parents courted each other, lol. Last time I was there I ate at the Duck Restaurant...not sure if that's the actual name...but it had "Duck" in the title. Very nice people and the food was fresh from the water.

Have fun! We don't want to see you on the CHEATERS tv show...
No worries, we won't be having THAT much fun

Old 08-03-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
Rockport has one of the best beaches on the Texas coast...very clean and perfect for walking out in the water....beautiful. Port Aransas is cool too, but if your looking for a nice beach, Rockport is the way to go.
Dang, I wish I would have known this. I like Rockport better than Port A, the town just seems cleaner to me . I swear, everywhere that I saw didn't have a beach. Where is the beach in Rockport? Is there RV camping near?
Thanks~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio