Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 11:55 PM

87 posts, read 294,843 times

Advertisements

My mom's best friend loves the Rigsby Animal Hospital. She always takes her Cockapoo there to get groomed.

Just don't to the Dodd Animal Hospital, it may be a nice-looking place but they charge way too much. My dog had a cut on her arm and they charged over $450 for three stitches and some pain medication.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 04:52 PM

1,710 posts, read 4,129,944 times
I live on the north side, and now that Dr Burchers has retired, I normally go to the Becker Animal Hospital, and have on and off for 13 years. I think Dr Becker is a GREAT vet, and a very nice guy, but his clinic has done a couple of minor things that just don't sit well with me. A few years ago, they was charging a lot for Heartgard. Petmeds.com was selling it for less. Dr. Becker wanted to charge $8 to write a prescription! He is now about the same in price with Petmeds, and I buy it from him, but I thought the $8 charge was cheesy. A few months ago, my dog suddenly took ill, and had to be put to sleep. Emotionally it was a tough time. I wanted my dog's remains to be cremated, and was relieved that I could arrange it through Becker Animal Hospital. I was not impressed that they charged me $30 to keep my dog's remains there until picked up by the crematory, and when I called for information on the day the cremains were to be picked up by me at Becker's, I was given the runaround, and made to think some sort of snafu happened. The person I spoke with was not very convincing in his stories, and I ended up picking the cremains at the crematory a few days later.

I think the Becker Animal Clinic has too big a practice, and not enough good help in addition to being a bit greedy. The clinic is moving soon even closer to my house, so I will probably continue going there. Dr Becker is a great vet, as is Dr Velosin. The new place is HUGE, and I hope he gets more, and better help. My guess is prices will go up with the nice new location. I hope not. I don't mind paying for good veterinary care, but BS charges for writing a prescription, or holding the remains of a patient for a day does not make me want to recommend this business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio