U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 11:30 PM

575 posts, read 1,259,262 times

Advertisements

I watched WOAI @ 6 and they didn't say anything. Then I watched Kens @ 10 and they didn't say anything either. I wonder how many people actually know about this since the news stations weren't talking about it. My Aunt heard about it on WOAI radio.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:43 AM

4,796 posts, read 13,710,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
1st. it was a joke.
2nd. Why didn't you complain when others "attacked" me.

Post #17
Post #21

Let's get back to the topic.
What was a joke? That you were angry at these churches because they allowed this hate monger to target their premises? You simply misunderstood.....we all do it. It's forgivable. And it's not about our IQ level, which was a comment you levied in another thread that was also a serious concern. For some reason you cast dispersions toward a whole side of town. How does that make sense or make a mistake better? This man is vile and sick and disgusting and is no laughing matter...so send him to the Southside ? Swimming in contaminated toxic water is also no laughing matter...so because someone is dumb then let them get sick? You're responsible for your own words and the consequences that they evoke. We all act up, act silly, act deplorable, but we are responsible for our own words. Be your own babysitter. That goes for everyone including me!

Old 08-08-2009, 04:21 AM

2,027 posts, read 6,351,640 times
MYSA has picked up the story:

Controversial church protesting in S.A. (http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/religion/52747527.html - broken link)

Old 08-08-2009, 07:10 AM

190 posts, read 456,816 times
Two years ago in Missouri, a friend of mine's husband was killed while in active duty... and the funeral was held right down the road from where I lived. Phelps & his group were there, protesting of course, against homosexuals among other things. Thankfully, there was a HUGE bike group there to protect the funeral from all this hatred.. they did an AMAZING job.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:26 AM

575 posts, read 1,259,262 times
I went to the event that happened earlier over near Oak Meadow neighborhood on NW Military. Nobody showed up there were less than 20 people. The cops were out with their cones up. People just kept driving by but a few people stopped and the cops told them to keep on moving. One person was filming because their doing a documentary. I'll post pics if anybody wants to see them.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:46 AM

116 posts, read 428,920 times
The motorcycle group is the Patriot Guard... not a gang, either, not even a formed MC or riding group. It's also not just bikers, *anyone* is welcome. Go to Home for more information. Yes, the idiot who is the subject of this thread was a part of the reason the group was formed, but it's morphed into much more.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:40 AM

15,062 posts, read 19,619,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
- You simply misunderstood.....we all do it. It's forgivable.
- And it's not about our IQ level, which was a comment you levied in another thread that was also a serious concern.
- For some reason you cast dispersions toward a whole side of town. How does that make sense or make a mistake better? This man is vile and sick and disgusting and is no laughing matter...so send him to the Southside ?
- Yes I misunderstood, that's why I posted this Post #20
- Why are you talking about a comment I made in thread that has nothing to do with this one? (Low water levels and health hazards)
- Why do I have to explain my comment about the South Side?
It's the exact same thing as everybody else's comment
"I bet they won't be eating mexican"
FYI, I lived for 2 years just a few miles away from Topeka, Kansas.

Maybe sometime you can tell me what's your beef with me, because it's getting seriouly annoying.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:32 AM

23 posts, read 46,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
Their travel budget is approx. 250K per yr.

I am certain some of their $ may come from suing people who "cross the line" and either hit them etc.

That is why it is so important to ignore them.

that would be so worth the money...

Old 08-08-2009, 05:59 PM

15,062 posts, read 19,619,150 times
Am I the only one that would be happy if all their daughters ended up getting pregnant in San Antonio?
That'd be a pretty funny story

(BTW, it's just a joke and I have absolutely no idea of how old they are)

Old 08-08-2009, 07:37 PM

2,884 posts, read 4,334,784 times
The problem with fanatics like this is you can never engage them in thoughtful discussion. I agree with the majority of the people on this post, trying to engage them in a debate or shout them down just gives them another opportunity to proclaim their hateful message.

As a Christian, I am more saddened by these people than angry at them. How they turned a message of love and forgiveness to one of hate and anger boogles my mind, but then people have engaged in this kind of black and white thinking for the last 2000 years and never to positive results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio