Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 11:22 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,366,291 times

Advertisements

Did you google it? Generally the ads on TV are also on their web sites. Car dealers have ads everywhere now. Most likely an offer like this would be anywhere they advertise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 11:24 AM

418 posts, read 1,240,018 times
As for the "crap" callers, KIA pretty much has the same reliability (jdpowers) as nissan, VW, dodge/chrysler, Mitsubishi, subaru, suzuki, and half of chevy and half of fords.

Yup, KIA is made in South Korea, the same place most of your plasma/lcd TV's and Cellphones are from. So yeah, your house and pockets are filled with crap too.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:25 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,366,291 times
yep....tons of info on the internetz.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:50 AM
cwh

345 posts, read 945,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traficdogn View Post
As for the "crap" callers, KIA pretty much has the same reliability (jdpowers) as nissan, VW, dodge/chrysler, Mitsubishi, subaru, suzuki, and half of chevy and half of fords.

Yup, KIA is made in South Korea, the same place most of your plasma/lcd TV's and Cellphones are from. So yeah, your house and pockets are filled with crap too.
Also consider they also carry a 100K warranty and if you were driving a real clunker worth 1k or less, this would be a no brainer decision for better transportation.

Old 08-09-2009, 01:14 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,820,840 times
KIA ain't IKEA (ie, crap). If you take the time to read through any of the auto mags, which I have subscriptions to all, you'll see their reliability has gone WAY up, reviews are good and prices/warranty are unbeatable. What I'd look closest at when buying a KIA is WHERE you're buying it and how reliable the dealer will be in after-sale help.

World Car is terrible. I bough a new Xterra from them years ago and it was like pulling teeth to get warranty work done. They even tried to claim I didn't buy an extended warranty from them at the time of initial sale, so I had to go to Nissan cooperate with my paperwork to get it straightened out. Frankly, I think they're crooks and wouldn't wash my hands there.

I'd also look at Hyundai: They too have a fantastic warranty and recently got a Car of the Year award from Motor Trend (for the Genesis sedan).

Happy Shopping!

BN

Old 08-09-2009, 01:31 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,194,708 times
That and Hyundai was given kudos awhile back for having fit and finish equivalent to that of Mercedes Benz....

Old 08-09-2009, 02:22 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
I am not trying to start a debate about the "Cash for Clunkers", or C.A.R.S. program.

I simply would like to know if anyone here in SA recently saw a TV Ad claiming that with the maximum "clunker" rebate of $4500 you could drive away in a new Kia for $2700 total.

I ask because my mom sent me an email about this. I don't watch TV, I didn't even know about this program until her email and then I had to Google it... but I have since tried to check it out, and I have not heard of any dealer offering deals and incentives to the point where one could buy a brand new car for $2700 TOTAL. $5000 to $6000 seems possible with certain cars, and there was ONE Kia something or other on a dealer site, bare bones, that would have been $3500 cash after their incentives and the $4500 "clunker" trade in... but $2700!? I think my mother is confused.

Did anyone else hear / see this ad or is she hearing things?

TIA
Just keep your eyes open when you are signing paperwork to make sure of the final price of the car. Some dealers love to pull fast ones on customers and they end up paying more than they expected.

If a Kia is what you can afford and want, then a Kia is what you will buy. Beats taking the bus anyday for me.

Good luck!

Old 08-09-2009, 06:18 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,295,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
don't forget the last car like the one advertised was sold earlier this morning, though
I too saw that ad and it did get my attention. I know you can get the bottom of the barrel Kia for below $8K. It's true they are far from the best cars in the world, but quality across the board has gone up quite a bit lately, so it's nothing like the Yugo or the original Hyundai's.

This RIO would be a little under $3500 if you could get the max $4500 CARS money. New Car Specials Coupons Rebates Incentives - Kia Sportage, Sorento, Rio - Ancira Kia - Proudly serving the cities of San Antonio, Seguin, Floresville, New Braunfels, Hill Country, Alamo City, Spurs, South Texas, & Boerne, TX.
Thanks, I just wondered if my mom had heard right. Lots of times she only hears half of something and has the wrong info. When I did some searching online I didn't find THAT specific deal. Others, yes, but not that one. Of course that doesn't mean it wasn't advertised a week ago or whatever so I thought I'd ask here just out of curiosity.

I had one of the original Hyundais. Oh yeah, very bad idea. I was just curious about this deal... haven't had anything with a warranty in so long, it piqued my interest! I would only consider it if I could pay cash for the difference though. No car payments for me, ever again! The original Hyundai went to heck literally within a couple hundred miles of being out of warranty! The warranties were awful then too. 3 yrs / 36k miles if I remember right?

Anyway, thanks.

Old 08-09-2009, 06:44 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,616,707 times
My Hyundai Tiburon is nine and a half years old. It looks great and runs like a top. I'd definitely buy another Hyundai, and probably will when I have to get rid of this one (if it keeps going like this that'll be in another 5 or 10 years!).

Old 08-09-2009, 06:55 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
A couple of summers ago I rented a Hyundai Sonata (not by choice, it's just what I ended up with) and that was a sweet car.....drove beautifully and was very roomy and comfortable. I bought a used Excel as a second, economical car back in the early 90's and that thing made it about 40K miles and completely crapped out. They've come a long, long way. I'm sure KIA has made some good improvements as well, if they are offering such a good warranty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio