Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 09:34 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,288,551 times

Advertisements

I don't know the whole story about that particular story, but duuude the guy is 25 and a DUDE!!! Hes only working part time??? - chingow he needs to haul himself to the Labor Ready then! If he is capable and healthy then he should get off his tail and start building some fences and invest in some FREE birth control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 10:29 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
I saw this story on the KABB 9:00 PM news and as predicted he was called a good boy and a good father. So the baby is his and his parents are as pathetic as anticipated. Not surprisingly, nobody that supported him would go on camera and other neighbors pointed that house out as the problem house in the neighborhood. One woman denied it, but would not go on camera.
and I was at work at 4:30 AM. I'm sure this little angel was probably too good for that word. As far as my former user title, some people just don't get it and need to worry more about checking themselves.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:34 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,192,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
I don't know the whole story about that particular story, but duuude the guy is 25 and a DUDE!!! Hes only working part time??? - chingow he needs to haul himself to the Labor Ready then! If he is capable and healthy then he should get off his tail and start building some fences and invest in some FREE birth control.
Gang-banging comes first with these dudes.....money & family is second. Stealing & burglary often takes care of the money. Who needs a full-time job ???

Old 08-09-2009, 11:16 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,361,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Cliff Path is in Emerald Valley, which is part of the Great Northwest. Yay.
Aww....Sapphire. Don't worry too much. It always seems worse when it's closer to home. That gang shooting not too long ago was right on McCullough, literally across the street from Olmos Park...home of at least three billionaires in SA. Seriously..McCullough is the dividing line, and that street was less than one block from the Olmos Park city limits.

Then that horrible story of the mom and her baby....I can't even talk about it...guess where...NORTHSIDE.....and then there was the librarian at the new Northlake Campus that murdered his coworker....NORTHEAST. I could keep going .....but you get the picture.

The great NW side of town is relatively young compared to so many other areas. It's just that the crime level is finally catching up with the population growth. I don't think it's a sign of the area being a problem.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:41 PM

We live in a "rougher" area and the wolves are everywhere but I'll be damned to let my own kid get sucked in. I already tell him about watching his back, staying clear of the knuckleheads, fools, and idiots, and how to throw a mean right hook if all else fails. The day he comes home thinking hes a thug is the day I roll his ass myself. I know the boy that was killed was someone's child, but really if they gave a damn about him they shoulda been all up in his shizz. Maybe they tried to intervene but more than likely they didn't. Its so much easier to say screw it than to actually parent, especially if your kid is so far gone as it is. Im willing to be they just threw their hands up and surrended as parents and accepted defeat. Now that boy has a kid of his own that will grow up and never ever know who his father was. The odds are against it, but maybe he will grow up to be a better man.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:46 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
if I had another daughter, I would want her to think exactly like you
that's parenting

Old 11-10-2012, 01:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,270 times
Default Update:

[url=http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Heroin-addict-sentenced-for-front-porch-2247260.php]Heroin addict sentenced for front porch manslaughter - San Antonio Express-News[/url]

Heroin addict sentenced for front porch manslaughter

Old 11-10-2012, 06:50 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,254,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
We live in a "rougher" area and the wolves are everywhere but I'll be damned to let my own kid get sucked in. I already tell him about watching his back, staying clear of the knuckleheads, fools, and idiots, and how to throw a mean right hook if all else fails. The day he comes home thinking hes a thug is the day I roll his ass myself. I know the boy that was killed was someone's child, but really if they gave a damn about him they shoulda been all up in his shizz. Maybe they tried to intervene but more than likely they didn't. Its so much easier to say screw it than to actually parent, especially if your kid is so far gone as it is. Im willing to be they just threw their hands up and surrended as parents and accepted defeat. Now that boy has a kid of his own that will grow up and never ever know who his father was. The odds are against it, but maybe he will grow up to be a better man.
More parents need to think like this.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:44 AM

I only came back to this thread because I received a couple of reps --- I do want to add, we all know that being a parent is tough. Its important that we stay on top of our kids though, despite the extremes they may take us through. Regarding this story, perhaps that is what this young man's parents did, and if that was the case and they still lost their son, then at least they could find some, some kind of comfort knowing they did everything they could to save him. As a parent though, I doubt one could ever feel they did "enough" to keep their child from being sucked in.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:26 PM

1 posts, read 880 times
Regardless of who you think these kids are or were they are still human beings and with that being said you should all be ashamed of yourselves for sitting behind your computer afraid to face the world. You are whats wrong with our people today because you sit back and do nothing instead of making a change.

Congratulations you have officially made the world a better place by insulting someone who has been murdered. I want you disturbed people to remember what you said about these young men when you've lost someone you love and care about be thankful for the time that you and that person shared because one day it could all be gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio