U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 10:23 AM

58 posts, read 174,108 times

Advertisements

The reason I need to know where to go is that I moved my mom here....well I think it was a mistake. She is just like my sister and loved hollywood and showing off...so maybe Cali was better for her. Anyways, we drive around and all she says is.."I don't see any Lexus's or BMWs...they must not have them here"...LoL My mom is a little out there too...but I also wanted to show her an area that is kind of flashy with the houses. I had read about Stone Oak area but is that off the 1604 and Stone Oak Pkwy. I was there today but didn't really see anything....I really like The Shops at La Cantera ..nice...but what area would you say has the best houses...and by best I mean expensive I don't want an area where all the houses are looking the same...more like houses with stone or brick..spanish or medeterranian style. Thanks for the help!

Old 04-25-2007, 10:32 AM

1,722 posts, read 1,646,043 times
Olmos Park, Alamo Heights, Terrell Hills, Shavano Park.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:35 AM

1,722 posts, read 1,646,043 times
Btw, Lexus and be BMW are a sign of major wealth? I would never think that.

My cousin has a 2004 Lexus LS and all he does is run a small construction company. Also, how are you/your mother missing BMW's and Lexus'?

I see those models all the time when am on the south side. So I'm here there up here on the north side.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:43 AM

554 posts, read 2,102,456 times
Adding to the list: Monte Vista (borders Olmos Park).

Old 04-25-2007, 10:46 AM

Again....it has nothing to do with me and what I see...I have seen them as well...it is what my mother is seeing and what SHE thinks is a sign of wealth. I could afford payments on a Lexus...and I am definitely far from wealthy. Again, my mother has a strange way of thinking....she also says SA has only 3 types of trees and she wishes there were more...hahaha but that's my mother...wierd and all I have to love her ! =)

Old 04-25-2007, 11:28 AM

10,863 posts, read 11,916,935 times
Sounds like she will not be happy anywhere but in the Hollywood area.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:57 AM

Yes...but then again she has an interview set up with Saks Fifth Avenue at the North Star Mall....so if she gets that I'm sure she will be happy. She likes that mall...and also the Shops at La Cantera. I think she will get used to it...I haven't taken her to the Riverwalk and I think she might enjoy that as well.

Old 04-25-2007, 01:27 PM

89 posts, read 325,746 times
Riverwalk isn't ritzy at all its a tourist trap. There's a ferrari dealership right on I10 a little east of 1604.

Stay around the I10 area north of 1604 and on 1604 near the shops and you'll see nice cars...The nicest neighborhood in san antonio is the dominion but you cant just go in and drive around. You can drive by on I10 and see the big ass houses on the hills. I always see nice cars around the dominion.

Old 04-25-2007, 01:29 PM

443 posts, read 1,359,720 times
this is nothing personal, but i think that's what i don't like in places like LA/hollywood and the likes. people tend to be so materialistic that people are trying hard to be "glamorous" and "sophisticated" and "classy". it's the dictate of the society that people judge you on what brand you wear and what car u drive. you are "in" if you have all these. i have some friends who live there, they can not afford a house, yet they try hard to live in the beverly hills area with a 90210 zip code for status' sake, pay 1500+ rent for a small not so great apt, and drive a 2nd hand BMW. but guess what, I make more money and have more cash flow than them yet i don't drive a lexus or bmw, or had to wear signature clothes all the time. actually before i used to be conscious of the brands i wear too, but as i become "texanized", (6 yrs of living here) nobody really cares much here of what brand you wear or drive, except maybe of a few posters here who think that SA is so unsophisticated...

but don't get me wrong, i can afford and will eventually buy a lexus, but that's because i like that car, and not because the soceity dictates me i should have one to be "in"...

again tara... nothing personal, nothing againts your mom... she is a victim of what the society is telling her and got used to it as the norm... i just brought that up... simply because im bored here

Old 04-25-2007, 01:47 PM

443 posts, read 1,359,720 times
i like driving around olmos park... nice big old world houses/mansions...

the thing with stone oak/sonterra/canyon golf/big springs/greystone/pinnacle, like the dominion, most of subd are gated and with security guards so you can't just go in and see the nicer homes... the ones that are not gated and the ones you see from the roads when driving are the smaller/regular looking houses... mountain lodge have also nice looking houses... but again gated...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or