U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2007, 06:04 PM

370 posts, read 761,658 times

Advertisements

Hello,
Nice to find your forum and I hope to find some helpful advice here.

I am a soon to be new nurse graduate who will likely be heading to SA through my work.

It looks like I won't have much time to find an aparment for myself and my three cats so, any help between now and the end of July is appreciated.

I looked online at some apartment finders but am perplexed. All of the ones I read mentioned that they were apartment "communities" and gated.

Are there regular apartments in SA that are in a single building of say six to ten apartments?

Coming from Chicago I have lived in several apartments and the only "community" apartments I saw were in the suburbs and sort of sprawling, it is just that I am not used to that and it is new to me.

My second question is which communities would you all recommend for a future BAMC commuter?

Thanks for reading and taking the time to reply.
Gennaver
p.s. um, how are the veiws on women with tattoos? I can make sure to keep 'em covered, actually they pretty much always are, unless I am in shorts or skirts.
p.p.s. edit to add: the main thing I am looking for is a quiet area, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2007, 10:48 PM

3,471 posts, read 17,208,879 times
You will not find apartments in apartment locators except for the complexes who pay for the service.
Get a sunday paper and look for apartments in downtown, northeast or north central areas. You will find apartents for rent that are in nice areas and eitger 4 plexes or duplexs or converted houses. The cats should not be a problem.
BAMC is in the northeast and the commute should be easy from downtown, north central, northeast .
If you like I will send you private with some names of realtors I know who handle apartments such as small complexes or duplex type houses.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSA View Post
You will not find apartments in apartment locators except for the complexes who pay for the service.
Get a sunday paper and look for apartments in downtown, northeast or north central areas. You will find apartents for rent that are in nice areas and eitger 4 plexes or duplexs or converted houses. The cats should not be a problem.
BAMC is in the northeast and the commute should be easy from downtown, north central, northeast .
If you like I will send you private with some names of realtors I know who handle apartments such as small complexes or duplex type houses.
Hello,
If you know realtors who handle small complexes or houses that would be great if you could send their contact information.

Also, I could call a local paper to order a Sunday paper/classifieds and would appreciate it if you could let me know the names of some.

I am looking forward to it.

Gen

Old 04-26-2007, 01:12 PM

554 posts, read 2,101,338 times
The local paper is the San Antonio Express-News. They also put their Sunday real estate listings online. You can get to them through www.mysanantonio.com. Good luck!

Old 04-26-2007, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRose View Post
The local paper is the San Antonio Express-News. They also put their Sunday real estate listings online. You can get to them through www.mysanantonio.com. Good luck!
Thank you TX Rose.
Gen-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or