U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 04:51 PM

122 posts, read 313,573 times

Advertisements

Do our men in blue not drive the same streets the rest of us do?
I see it all everyday, every road and every intersection. Extreme speeders, tailgating, running red lights and stop signs, no seat belts, un-restrained children, trucks in the left lane, smoking vehicles, weaving in and out of traffic and worst of all, the Morons yakking on cell phones (not against the law yet), and many times done right in front of cop. Since all of these people think they are entitled to endanger the rest of us with no consequences, start posting some of what you see on the road. Make of vehicle, color, offense, street, time and plate number if your going fast enought to see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 05:43 PM

7 posts, read 21,775 times
cops are too busy crashing their own cars to write tickets.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:12 PM

3,471 posts, read 17,231,287 times
There is a web site called platewire where you can post those stupid/illegal acts. Even post the stupid things the cops do. It even allow syou to put a city and plate number. I don;t know how to attach a link to a site, but I'll try.
PlateWire : United States : Texas - The Voice Of The Road | License Plate Communicate
It may or may not work.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:40 PM

8,400 posts, read 20,121,491 times
Did you join the forum just to complain about something that has been complained about numerous times before? Do a quick search and you will see that this has been talk about ad nauseum...

Old 08-14-2009, 08:06 PM

1,668 posts, read 3,354,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jksa09 View Post
Do our men in blue not drive the same streets the rest of us do?
I see it all everyday, every road and every intersection. Extreme speeders, tailgating, running red lights and stop signs, no seat belts, un-restrained children, trucks in the left lane, smoking vehicles, weaving in and out of traffic and worst of all, the Morons yakking on cell phones (not against the law yet), and many times done right in front of cop. Since all of these people think they are entitled to endanger the rest of us with no consequences, start posting some of what you see on the road. Make of vehicle, color, offense, street, time and plate number if your going fast enought to see it.
Working for SAWS I drive 100-150 + miles per day and I assure you that SAPD and BCSD are out there. They will be more noticeable in the next couple of weeks when school begins. I have observed amazing work by SAPD . They will set a radar gun atop an overpass (no cars in sight just an Officer) When the speeder passes by the Officer radios ahead to an awaiting cruiser. There have been times when I see 4-5 SAPD Officers writing tickets.
In my opinion they do their best and I guess we all forget that they are addressing domestic calls, break ins, etc.
I had the opportunity to talk / deal with one (SAPD) Wed. night when our Son was hit from the rear by a Drunk Young Lady (well maybe not a lady but a female) *He is alright. Wed., as you know was raining so there were a lot of accidents. He arrived less than 15 minutes after my Son called in. It was just enough time for the gal to plead with my Son not to call SAPD, Cuss him out, threaten her boyfriend upon him (this is the guy that would beat her if SAPD found out) and then she drive off. It was unfortunate that the insurance information on the SAPD Database was bogus. It stated she (the car) was insured with State Farm and also the Policy number. No such luck on our part. We also have State Farm who will pay for the damages plus car rental.
What impressed me was the time he took and concern for Seth. Since the plates indicated the car's registered location wasn't far from Braun and 1604 he assured us he would visit the apartment complex and attempt to locate her. She would be arrested for leaving the accident. He also stated that the car if located, would be towed and impounded.

You can report smoking vehicles to the TCEQ by calling 1-800-453-SMOG. They would like the plate number, car information, date, and time. They will notify the owner and supply them with smog prevention information /tips.

Last edited by wellguy; 08-14-2009 at 08:29 PM..

Old 08-14-2009, 08:25 PM

wellguy

I am sure I speak for everyone when I saw I am very happy to hear your son Seth is alright! I was hit by a drunk driver when I was a teenager, and he also took off. Despite having his license plate number, nothing was ever done (this wasn't in San Antonio). I had to fix the car out of my own pocket.

I am also concerned as this happened very close to where we live. It just reinforces my desire to get off the road when it rains. I had to go to the airport that afternoon, and driving home was brutal. I know we don't get a lot of rain around here, but it isn't that hard to figure out how to drive in the stuff.

Cheers! M2

Old 08-14-2009, 08:45 PM

1,668 posts, read 3,354,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
wellguy

i am sure i speak for everyone when i saw i am very happy to hear your son seth is alright! I was hit by a drunk driver when i was a teenager, and he also took off. Despite having his license plate number, nothing was ever done (this wasn't in san antonio). I had to fix the car out of my own pocket.

I am also concerned as this happened very close to where we live. It just reinforces my desire to get off the road when it rains. I had to go to the airport that afternoon, and driving home was brutal. I know we don't get a lot of rain around here, but it isn't that hard to figure out how to drive in the stuff.

Cheers! M2

Thank You Very Much

Last edited by wellguy; 08-14-2009 at 08:54 PM..

Old 08-14-2009, 11:18 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,306,140 times
did you ever follow up to make sure they arrested the drunk? I know nothing came of the 911 call I made a couple weeks ago when a drunk almost killed the person next to me on highway 90.

as far as traffic tickets, it's only about making revenue here. I know there is at least one SAPD that actually cares, but from the stories I've heard, I don't think he's even close to being a majority..

Old 08-15-2009, 05:10 PM

122 posts, read 313,573 times
Yeah, I did come on to this post to "re-complain' about existing problems with San Antonio traffic. I know there are alot of other problems going on in our city. IMO the traffic over the past few years has gotten ALOT worse. Every day I see people running red lights at almost all intersections. It seems that there are no traffic laws enforced. When I drive down 281 south about 4:30 every day, the average speed seems to be 80. I refer to it as Autobahn 281. I just mind my own business and drive the speed limit in the right lane and do not run red lights and stop signs or tailgate anyone in front of me. Is it all the Yakee trans-plants? SA was not like this several years ago. Our population exploded and our traffic got worse. Just my opionion.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:04 PM

That's funny, I used to refer to the route I go to work as Autobahn 151!

And yes, traffic has gotten horribly bad here. Back in the early 90s, when I used to visit this area quite often, it was almost like driving in Europe. People drove with respect and courtesy, but I don't blame it solely on the transplants as much of the time it is the locals who are the worst offenders! Of course, the influx of people has added to the congestion, which only fuels the frustration of drivers. Add on top of that poor road planning (see the 1604 thread) and it all adds up to a bad situation that won't get any better in the near future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio