U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 07:27 AM

5,634 posts, read 13,927,274 times

Advertisements

Geez guys, I'm never going to a movie again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 10:01 AM

27 posts, read 75,271 times
Look at the back of your ticket stub and it says that anyone can save up to one seat per person until the movie starts. If the movie starts and the seat is still be saved you can sit there anyways or grab an usher and have them let them know they can no longer save the seat.

I opened the Palladium as an Asst. Manager so I know this, although I no longer work there since I left 2 yrs ago

Another thing is that if you expect to grab a good seat 20 min before the movie then you're wrong. As others have said some people arrive 30 min to an hr 1/2 before the show in order to get good seats. These aren't going to move for you if you think arriving 10 min before starts is a good time to get there. If you can't find a seat then I would consider maybe going to get something eat either there or at a close by restaurant, maybe even grab a drink at the bar then come back in come back in a decent amount of time and wait in line like the other 50 people do who want to get good seats.

I will agree that the Palladium isn't what it used to be when it first open but since then there have been at least 4 different GM's who have been transfered to different theaters. After I left I still stayed in contact with a few managers (free movies) and they told me that Santikos hired a few managers that have absolutely 0 theater experience. That just doesn't make sense.

Last edited by wattsbw2004; 08-18-2009 at 10:10 AM..

Old 08-18-2009, 10:31 AM

14,607 posts, read 31,108,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Geez guys, I'm never going to a movie again!
If ypu're Mr. Bighead, or Talky McTalkerson, then THANKS!

Old 08-18-2009, 12:26 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,290,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
If ypu're Mr. Bighead, or Talky McTalkerson, then THANKS!
Don't forget Mr. I Am Scared of the Dark so I will use my Cellphone as a NightLight!

Old 08-18-2009, 01:18 PM

968 posts, read 2,181,108 times
how about Mr. I Can't Keep My Hands Off My Girlfriend. thats annoying; moving around in the front seats and giggling while he's trying to tickle you is annoying.

but its hella funny if you tickle her in the middle of a scary movie, my girl almost leapt out of the chair during the hills have eyes 2!

Old 08-18-2009, 01:19 PM

5,634 posts, read 13,927,274 times
What about the idiots that use a laser pointer on the screen? HATE those kids.

In the valley, we used to have a problem with people translating every word said in the film to their spanish speaking grandmother, etc. It's funny when they don't repeat the bad words, lol.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:41 PM

4,071 posts, read 6,074,207 times
I know that the ABC theater doesn't put up with laser pointers. One time I was there and some kids in the back were really screwing up the movie with these. The lights came up, in came five ushers AND POLICE and removed a whole row of kids. I don't think those punks were expecting that. I assume they were all kicked out of the theater.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:03 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,521,376 times
I don't usually have any problems at the movies.. but the last time I went... a family of 10 people, yes 10 people (grandparents included) arrived within a couple minutes of the previews starting and forced the people I was with and I to move several seats to the end of the row. We got there 30+ minutes early to get good seats, and it turns out it was for nothing because we were pushed all the way to the aisle.

They weren't nice about it either. It was like "we're going to stare all pissed at you for however long it takes until you move your asses down the row".

Old 08-18-2009, 02:05 PM

546 posts, read 1,310,464 times
I hate the movies... My husband and i have been married 4 years and have been to the movies about 4xs at most...why i hate obnoxious inconsiderate people. The smacking of the popcorn, the smacking of the gum, the teeny boppers all chitty chatty about what guy is cute and "ohh did you hear about whats her face...omg"

i'll pass. Im not antisocial by any means but if i am paying 10.50 for a movie i want to be able to watch it. If anything we try and go during a weekday to a matinee most of the time its empty, and the prices are much cheaper, plus you during the school year most of the obnoxious crowd is at school or asleep from partying all night.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:06 PM

546 posts, read 1,310,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveUrban View Post
I don't usually have any problems at the movies.. but the last time I went... a family of 10 people, yes 10 people (grandparents included) arrived within a couple minutes of the previews starting and forced the people I was with and I to move several seats to the end of the row. We got there 30+ minutes early to get good seats, and it turns out it was for nothing because we were pushed all the way to the aisle.

They weren't nice about it either. It was like "we're going to stare all pissed at you for however long it takes until you move your asses down the row".
You are a better person than i am cause i would not have moved.... too bad..break your group up...that means less chatter amongst them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio