Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 02:06 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,207,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveUrban View Post
I don't usually have any problems at the movies.. but the last time I went... a family of 10 people, yes 10 people (grandparents included) arrived within a couple minutes of the previews starting and forced the people I was with and I to move several seats to the end of the row. We got there 30+ minutes early to get good seats, and it turns out it was for nothing because we were pushed all the way to the aisle.

They weren't nice about it either. It was like "we're going to stare all pissed at you for however long it takes until you move your asses down the row".
That was nice of you.
I would have probably moved if they were nice about it. But if they were rude then to heck with them, they should have arrived sooner.

At Harlandale HS graduation this year someone saved two rows, yes TWO ROWS of seats in the front rows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 02:21 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,555,421 times
My husband and I had not been to the theatre since my daughter was born and really missed it. We finally went recently. And while I expected the gaggle of teens behind me who were making a big ruckus before the movie started to be problematic, they were fine. It was the guy down in front who was on his cell phone constantly. What is up with that?!

I was on call that night and was so worried my pager would go off, but I left it on vibrate and just held it in my hand so I could get to it quickly. Fortunately it didn't.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:24 PM

898 posts, read 2,895,488 times
I feel sorry for the guy that had to hold all those seats. its not an easy thing to do..lol

Old 08-18-2009, 08:31 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,710,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony78201 View Post
I feel sorry for the guy that had to hold all those seats. its not an easy thing to do..lol
What the wife wants, the wife gets!

Old 08-18-2009, 08:51 PM

874 posts, read 2,893,772 times
I'm just glad to hear that other people are annoyed by rude folks at the movies. My husband is very laid back and none of this stuff even seems to enter his realm of conciousness (until I point it out).

I also do not enjoy the people who bring an entire meal from home and are so loud about it - you hear them unwrapping the sandwich, ripping open the chip bag and chomping on each chip open-mouthed (or that is just how it sounds), popping open a can of soda and crumpling it when finished... They are often having loud conversations with each other and on the cell phone at the same time.

We live closest to the Regal Live Oak theatres and I have been so frequently annoyed by audience members there that we rarely go to that one. Things are generally at least a bit better elsewhere.

And I agree that if you got there early and purposely chose your aisle seat - or any other seat - then that is your seat and the people who arrived after you should just buck up about it instead of staring you down and/or expecting you to move. (That is not the same thing as saving a huge number of seats - using kids as seat savers - and then either having some of those people not show up to use the seats or having those people all arrive at the last minute during previews or beginning of movie, causing other people to have to stand up to allow them to pass or otherwise rearrange themselves, jostling stuff from the snack bar and in other ways distracting people from their movie-going experience.)

Old 08-18-2009, 09:43 PM

351 posts, read 1,585,048 times
Hello,

I carry a 120 lumen pocket light that I have no problem flashing on rude inconsiderate people ;-) DO NOT MESS WITH MY MOVIE EXPERIENCE! I am so looking forward to school starting again and the tidal wave of tweens and teens slacks off dramatically. Been going to the movies all the way back to Northwest 6 theater. I never remember it being as crowded as Palladium has been this summer. Can hardly wait till they build a Alamo Drafthouse out this way so there is an alternate venue.

crazedchef

Old 08-18-2009, 10:57 PM

87 posts, read 330,598 times
This is horrible, but I LOVED throwing out rude & loud people when I was a movie usher. All of us carried around the big Maglite flashlights and regularly patrolled the theaters. For a few of the movies an usher was stationed by each exit until about halfway through the screening. And it never failed - up to 5 people would be asked to leave. A few times we had someone trying to save ROWS of seats.

"Ma'am, are you saving seats for someone?"
"Yes, that row, that row, this row, and that row."
"You can't do that."
"Why not? They'll be here pretty soon!"
"Ma'am, it's Friday night, this is our busiest showing and the movie starts in five minutes..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio