Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 12:55 PM

108 posts, read 241,445 times

Advertisements

I have noticed over the years that the traffic around USAA is terrible and most it is from their employees. Employees are always in hurry to get there and in a hurry to leave making Fredericksburg Rd and Huebner Rd ridiculous.
My wife works there and I have taken her to work several times and I feel like I am auditioning for "The Fast and the Furious". driving down Eckardt Rd to Huebner then on to Fred.Rd. I noticed a lot of the traffic heading to the Medical Center area or USAA but mostly USAA.
During the Hard Freeze USAA employees went in at noon and while I was taking my wife only the Main gate was opened and people were turning into the Main gate from a non turning lane creating a huge bottle neck.

USAA needs to be more prepared then this ,come on they are a car insurance company! start practicing what you preach.
1. Have employees come in at different shifts
2. Open all the gates to prevent overflow
3. Have a policeman direct traffic
4. Just close the business in order to protect drivers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 01:26 PM

1,893 posts, read 5,587,297 times
410 from Hwy 90 on the west side to I10 on the east side and all points Northwest, North and Northeast until you get outside the sprawl and you start to see trees again.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:01 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,664,587 times
USAA=Satan

Old 04-14-2011, 02:11 PM

487 posts, read 991,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobralou View Post
Employees are always in hurry to get there and in a hurry to leave
Hhmm...I understand hurry to leave, but hurry to get there?

Old 04-14-2011, 02:25 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,119,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amexicano View Post
Hhmm...I understand hurry to leave, but hurry to get there?
Yup! Clock in before you are counted as tardy.
I think it depends on the department on how strict this policy is though.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:58 PM

27 posts, read 58,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
410 from Hwy 90 on the west side to I10 on the east side and all points Northwest, North and Northeast until you get outside the sprawl and you start to see trees again.
sorta my idea, I would just say draw a 50 mile radius around SA and , BINGO, you have the worst spots to drive here. Now , that being said, not as bad as Houston, or Los Angeles, etc.. but you asked about SA.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:16 PM

944 posts, read 2,040,863 times
So...why should USAA do these things? Nobody is forced to work there that doesn't want to deal with it, or live/drive nearby.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:41 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobralou View Post
USAA needs to be more prepared then this ,come on they are a car insurance company! start practicing what you preach.
I believe it's the city's responsibility to plan and build infrastructure to handle traffic.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:21 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,504,750 times
Traffic is not a problem here, the problem is people! some are too lazy that decide to sleep in and rush their way to work. Then some have the plain "I dont get paid to wait in line, therefore; I will drive in the right lane then cut someone off just before the exit or turn". 1604 and 151 is a great example

Then You have the people that are done with their shifts, clock out and rush their way out to the nearest watering hole so they can drink away their problems. Only to leave real late at night, drive drunk, and then the next day it all begins again! lol

Now on to the topic. The worse areas around town (assuming during rush hour) are
151 south Military all the way to Pinn Rd.
Braun to 151,
Marbach Rd to US Hwy 90,
NW Military Hwy to I10,
Blanco Rd to 281.
I10
UTSA blvd to Huebner
Wurzbach to 410
Military to Ingram
Callaghan to I10
Cherry Ridge to I10
Perrin bietel to I35

Those are all the routes I frequently use during rush hour, I'm sure they are plenty more

Old 04-15-2011, 07:23 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,587,297 times
This morning traffic was light. West bound 90 around 151 is usually light in the morning but being Fiesta Friday it was unusually light. In the left lane was a guy going around 72 mph. Behind him was an SUV tailgating him about 1 car length if that. Behind that guy was a truck tailgaiting him. Behind the truck was a little sedan tailgaiting the truck. The driver of the sedan was a lady texting while driving. Speeding, tailgating and texting all at the same time. Even with light traffic, here are three people who seem as if they are trying their best too change the traffic situation to 'light traffic, flowing well' to 'freeway backed up for miles with traffic at a stand still'. People like that should not be allowed to have a vehicle much less drive one on public roads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio