U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-04-2009, 11:18 PM

10,058 posts, read 9,462,519 times
Does San Antonio have highway patrol?
I've seen about 20 C.H.I.P.S. but I haven't seen 1 highway patrol actually patrolling the highway.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:38 PM

13,805 posts, read 18,344,051 times
you mean DPS? I rarely see them, but I think that is because they tend to work the more rural areas. CHP (what the CHiPs TV show was from) is in California. Hopefully you don't see any of them here

Old 09-04-2009, 11:41 PM

3,705 posts, read 4,871,924 times
I see the highway patrol when I go to Pleasanton. One in particular....he looks mas rowdy.

Old 09-05-2009, 06:45 AM

1,720 posts, read 2,764,302 times
DPS should cruise the SA Highways more often.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:27 AM

5,126 posts, read 6,838,732 times
I wanted to bump this thread with my most recent experience with a driver on Saturday.
I needed to get into the turn lane to the entrance to North Star Mall, lanes are clear to go, then a gentlemen in a black luxury car speeds up and honks the heck out of me. He follows me to where I park with his female passenger in tow and proceeds to insult me saying, "Where the f(@*! did you learn to drive b*@*!?" There's no reasoning with these folks so I just said, "I'm sorry, sir" (even though it was not my fault because I was already in the lane) He proceeds to say, "F*@*! you b*@*!". With that, I could just see he just wanted to get a rise out of me by using insults. So I just walked off. Too many folks out there are just angry. Eek!

Old 09-20-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
I wanted to bump this thread with my most recent experience with a driver on Saturday.
I needed to get into the turn lane to the entrance to North Star Mall, lanes are clear to go, then a gentlemen in a black luxury car speeds up and honks the heck out of me. He follows me to where I park with his female passenger in tow and proceeds to insult me saying, "Where the f(@*! did you learn to drive b*@*!?" There's no reasoning with these folks so I just said, "I'm sorry, sir" (even though it was not my fault because I was already in the lane) He proceeds to say, "F*@*! you b*@*!". With that, I could just see he just wanted to get a rise out of me by using insults. So I just walked off. Too many folks out there are just angry. Eek!

sorry you experienced that, a true smart driver lets go of stupid manure like this. He must of felt like a warrior when you apologized but his GF will eventually leave him for someone smarter.

My uncle beat up a person who hit him on the 1604/281 intersection even though he attemted to cut my uncle off my uncle didnt slow down because he was loaded, and that ass was on his blindspot, so the car took a big hit, and it was his GF's car to add. He started with his threats and my uncle whopped his ass and the driver got arrested also! and probably dumped right after hopefully.

Old 09-20-2009, 11:49 AM

5,557 posts, read 9,215,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
My uncle beat up a person who hit him on the 1604/281 intersection even though he attemted to cut my uncle off
And there are millions of children starving to death in Darfur.......

Old 09-20-2009, 11:56 AM

212 posts, read 174,714 times
Friday I was stopped at the light near the Target near Blanco and 1604; the light had been red for at least 10 seconds when one of those large gravel haulers blew through the light in the left lane and then cut back over to the right line behind cars that were stopped in traffic. It made me so mad that I decided to get the truck's company and ID number so that I could complain, but 2 cars exited Target and I couldn't get close enough.

I'd hoped to get a better look at the truck once we got past the Huebner intersection, but I'll be damned if the truck didn't blow right through that light as well. Just like the first time, the light was red and the guy just rolled through it.

Old 09-20-2009, 01:41 PM

5,126 posts, read 6,838,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
Friday I was stopped at the light near the Target near Blanco and 1604; the light had been red for at least 10 seconds when one of those large gravel haulers blew through the light in the left lane and then cut back over to the right line behind cars that were stopped in traffic. It made me so mad that I decided to get the truck's company and ID number so that I could complain, but 2 cars exited Target and I couldn't get close enough.

I'd hoped to get a better look at the truck once we got past the Huebner intersection, but I'll be damned if the truck didn't blow right through that light as well. Just like the first time, the light was red and the guy just rolled through it.
Those "How am I driving" signs should be bigger. When they whizz pass by, it's just too fast for anyone to see that hard to remember ID # (something like ZIE1382) used to identify the vehicle.

Old 09-21-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
And there are millions of children starving to death in Darfur.......
theres millions of children starving in Texas rural areas as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio