U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-21-2009, 03:57 PM

4,263 posts, read 6,865,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
theres millions of children starving in Texas rural areas as well
No, there isn't. Thousands maybe...millions? Nope.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:58 AM

74 posts, read 94,218 times
Quote:
I have six cameras in my truck (just installed this weekend) and I have two dash cams. They work wonders

What for?

Old 09-22-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
I wanted to bump this thread with my most recent experience with a driver on Saturday.
I needed to get into the turn lane to the entrance to North Star Mall, lanes are clear to go, then a gentlemen in a black luxury car speeds up and honks the heck out of me. He follows me to where I park with his female passenger in tow and proceeds to insult me saying, "Where the f(@*! did you learn to drive b*@*!?" There's no reasoning with these folks so I just said, "I'm sorry, sir" (even though it was not my fault because I was already in the lane) He proceeds to say, "F*@*! you b*@*!". With that, I could just see he just wanted to get a rise out of me by using insults. So I just walked off. Too many folks out there are just angry. Eek!
You handled that problem perfectly. Kudos to you for keeping your cool amidst the maniacs. Better to apologize for something that wasn't your fault than have the Asylum Escapee pull a gun on you or something. I had a woman actually chase me and my friend all over my neighborhood in NYC and I eventually found out who she was when she bragged about doing it to a mutual friend. She had been drunk as a skunk at the time, naturally.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsawomanthing View Post
I am posting here, didnt want to ever have to but Hubby was in a wreck this morning as the lady in front of him slammed her brakes on, no one in front of her and boom Hubby hit her! stay away from military at lackland in the morning UGH!
That would be deemed his fault because he should not tailgate/speed. If you are close enough to not be able to stop when someone ahead of you stops (and you may think there was nothing there but you can't see what that other driver saw and reacted to), it's your own fault. Or in this case it was your husband's fault. I think you should be reprimanding him instead of yelling about that other driver.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I've thought that a few times,
that's why I always check to see if somebody is following me on the way home

I have 0 respect for people "blocking" the left lane of the highway
and I bet I've scared the ..... out of a few of them when I pass them and change lanes without using my blinkers.
You may not know this, but changing lanes without signaling is called an improper lane change and police can pull you over for it.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
I don't get it though

there are spaces all around him, Why?
Because everyone around him may have left. It's not unheard of to have lots of people leave at the same time. I tend to have the problem where when I'm leaving, the people on either side of me are leaving as well and I can't get in my car until I wait for them to finish loading etc.

Or maybe he just doesn't want his car to get dinged. I had a friend who always parked away from other cars because her car was new and she worried about people hitting it.

It's not that important, and it doesn't automatically make a person stupid. We're too quick to call everyone stupid these days.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:24 PM

4,263 posts, read 6,865,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamillaB View Post
What for?
I think he drives for a living...protecting his bread and butter.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
Well why would someone speed up to flip me the bird, it may be childish but in my mind I win!!!!

What do you win? Driving isn't a game, it's a method to get from point A to point B, hopefully in one piece.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Status: "joined in 2014 ...knows first class flyer. ..hmmm" (set 1 day ago)

13,584 posts, read 21,221,142 times
"+ = multi-quote

Old 09-22-2009, 12:42 PM

3,061 posts, read 5,522,981 times
I can tell a tale of a SA driver exported to Canada. He and a coworker arrived in Toronto late one evening and got a rental car. As they drove into downtown toward their hotel, they noticed a large number of large lighted XXXX signs hung across the roadway. They stretched the entire width of all the lanes. The two pondered the meaning of these signs as they were all light on both sides so they obviously were not reversible lane signs.

They continued to discuss possible purposes of these sign as they passed underneath dozens of them along their route. Suddenly, as they drove underneath another set of signs, there suddenly appeared a group of people crossing the road. They were wearing dark clothing and the roadway was poorly light, so they were not visible until the car was almost on them. Fortunately, the car was in the right lane and they were still standing in the middle lane as it zoomed past them at 50mph. Although it was close enough that one of the walkers was able to slap the roof of the car with his hand as it drove by.

The two coworkers were greatly distressed by the close call and spent a considerable amount of time cursing the stupidity of people crossing the street in the dark without looking for traffic, even after midnight on a weekday.

The next day, the two coworkers discovered the small unlight signs hanging under the lighted XXXX signs which read, "Stop when lit. Pedestrians in Crosswalk."

Boy was I embarrassed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio