U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 08:16 PM

1,848 posts, read 3,007,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Oh geez. This was bad. Around 1:45 this afternoon I'm driving on 410 west near Cherry Ridge headed towards 10 to get on the interchange.

There's a cop a few cars in front of me and all the sudden his lights come on. He pulls someone over on the fly away thing. And the 10 East fly away is only one lane so everyone is like "Umm...we have to slow down 10 miles below the speed limit because we don't want to get a ticket!" so everyone is going like 5 miles an hour instead of the 45ish that usual go.

It was ridiculous to pull this guy over on the fly away. And oh my. If someone had pulled me over there I would have freaked out....I am not deathly afraid of heights but enough to get kind of shaky. But, that's more of a cop thing then a bad driver thing. Maybe a bad cop driver?

That is an idiot driver.

Put your blinkers on and pull over for the officer somewhere safe. Not in the fly away, not in a turn lane and not on the side of a major road and definately not on a highway.

Exit, pull over, find a parking lot etc.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:21 PM

3,013 posts, read 3,863,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
That is an idiot driver.

Put your blinkers on and pull over for the officer somewhere safe. Not in the fly away, not in a turn lane and not on the side of a major road and definately not on a highway.

Exit, pull over, find a parking lot etc.
But the thing was..I think it was the cop who turned on the lights right as they headed towards the fly away. I was like "wtf? Serious?" I rarely drive on 410 and it really wigged me out.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:25 PM

479 posts, read 658,635 times
I'll admit it. I'm a SA Bad Driver. Most of the time on my way to office I drive with my knees because I need two hands on the Blackberry. Sorry if I almost hit you, but it was important.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:14 PM

399 posts, read 408,268 times
Default cell phones

Just yesterday I got cut off by two different people driving with cell phones plastered to their ear and not paying attention. Most of the time (I have found) that someone is driving negligently, it's when people are talking on the phone, trying to dail or text. Don't get me wrong, I love living in TX, but CA has it right by requiring drivers to use handsfree devices or STAY OFF THE PHONE!!!

Thank you and now I'l get off my soap box

Old 09-01-2009, 10:51 PM

870 posts, read 1,857,411 times
I was at NW Military and the Wurzbach Parkway waiting in the turning lane to make a left hand turn towards Blanco Road. The lady in front of me had pulled out into the traffic lanes to wait on the traffic to clear so she could complete her turn. Or so I thought...

Traffic stayed steady, so the light turned red. I had left enough room so she could easily back up, figuring that this would happen. What does she do? Just sits there! The people trying to turn onto NW Military whose lane she was blocking pulled up almost to her car and she still sat there! Finally, she backs up...

Light turns green and she sits there. I figure she's going to move any minute now, but she doesn't! So I wait a couple more seconds and since she hasn't moved, I beep the horn at her. Nothing.... I beep it a little louder......Nothing.....Finally, I blast the horn at her, loud and long! STILL NOTHING! I'm almost ready to blast it again, when she finally shoots forward and makes her turn.

I passed her and there she was, holding the phone up and texting! What an idiot! Good thing kids weren't in the car to here my rant as I drove by. I hope she made it home without causing any more problems.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:21 AM

5,081 posts, read 7,503,232 times
Didn't see any on my way in to work this morning. Big surprise!

Old 09-02-2009, 06:50 AM

3,105 posts, read 6,119,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr57001 View Post
I'll admit it. I'm a SA Bad Driver. Most of the time on my way to office I drive with my knees because I need two hands on the Blackberry. Sorry if I almost hit you, but it was important.
LOL~~ Finally someone admits it

Old 09-02-2009, 08:15 AM

968 posts, read 1,162,064 times
i have an issue with white work trucks. more than once i've been on the I-10 1604 interchange loop and where you come from I-10 West to go onto 1604 West (there is a yeild sign to people exiting 1604 to I-10).

I give a break to glass guys, (pun hehe) those trucks are loaded with fragile glass, its stressful, and having cautious driving is acceptable.

This truck had no tools/work related things in it and was speeding down I-10, and cut me off on the highway! i let it go.

then he gets off on the interchange, cuts off a guy where he's supposed to yeild, then goes onto the loop, i figure hes having a bad day.

i catch up to him on the interchange and he STOPS. HE JUST STOPS. 30 seconds and the other drivers like "uhhhhh, uhhh" and he's just sitting there too far forward for the other guy to go, blocking him in. i've had it with him, he's just plain stupid, so i go around him. AND HE TRIES TO STOP ME. he almost runs me into the wall on the right side with a sneer on his face, intentionally!

i speed out of there onto 1604 and he tries to tail me! thankfully this lady in a mercedes cuts him off behind me so he calms down.

he should have his license revoked.

Last edited by Orincarnia; 09-02-2009 at 08:31 AM.. Reason: edited for crazyiness

Old 09-02-2009, 08:21 AM

1,087 posts, read 1,974,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj007 View Post
I'm neutral bc I am not perfect but you know typing these things out are totally different than actually acting out these things.

I think the most anyone does is catch up and give them the finger. You are not trying to catch up to these guys or girls to get into a fight or something similar so please don't lie because you might be a big bad guy or girl online but offline you would only scream and holler. I don't care what you type online! And its annoying to read how I could of caught up to him but traffic was a little heavy but he was lucky because he would of got a quick lesson in blah blah blah) You might just be lucky traffic saved you from an embarrasing moment on the side of the road when you successfully bring another car to a stop and the driver is more than willing to protect himself.
If you give me the finger I will either point and laugh at you, or lay on my horn. Laughing at someone that is angry is the best way to make them angrier.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:27 AM

4,263 posts, read 6,945,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
If you give me the finger I will either point and laugh at you, or lay on my horn. Laughing at someone that is angry is the best way to make them angrier.
Why would you want to make someone even angrier? Doesn't make sense/seems childish. Could cause a fatal accident. Just ignore it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio