Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 10:14 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,367,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
......last Friday we had some dumb punk sitting at one stop sign texting while people at the other signs waited for him to go. Then once he suddenly decides he is finished, he felt he could just pop right out into the intersection. Fortunately for him, he saw a big ol' mean Jeep bearing down on him (me) in time for him to stop, otherwise I would've gone through him like the proverbial poop through a goose! I am sure I would have gotten a scratch on my bumper but his Civic would been crumpled like a Coke can!
Why reward stupidity with more stupidity? Seriously.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:33 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
or why let people drive like idiots without paying any attention?
My wife and I have this argument all the time. She thinks I should just let all the stupidity go and I hold them responsible for their stupid decisions. If you do something dumb and raise your hand to take credit for it, the situation is over and we all just move along. I've done this plenty of times and accept the honks and hand gestures because I screwed up. But if you do something wrong and either don't acknowledge it or worse, make a gesture at the person you wronged, I am not going to let that go. I know I can't (legally) physically hurt them, but I can make life rough for a while, depending on how much free time I have.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:22 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,989,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Why reward stupidity with more stupidity? Seriously.
Seriously, it wasn't stupidity...if anything, logic prevailed.

I stopped at the sign, looked over to see the moron was too busy texting to go when it was his turn, waited an appropriate amount of time for him to perform a cranium-anal orifice extraction and when I saw that it wasn't happening, I drove off.

It was then that he magically finished whatever he was texting and--ignorant of the congestion he was causing (two cars per direction on the main road, and another waiting from the opposite side of him)--he decided it was his turn to go. Without warning, he suddenly started to pull out after I had already entered the intersection, at which time I had the legal right-of-way.

I would have caused more problems by stopping and I figure when it came to size, weight and steel versus plastic, my Jeep had his Honda beat to so I continued.

Actually, there was more of a chance of him hitting the side of my Jeep; which would have made any accident his fault. And which time he would have been lucky that I didn't take his phone/texting device and plant it somewhere where he couldn't reach it for a while!

Old 09-01-2009, 01:16 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,505,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
or why let people drive like idiots without paying any attention?
My wife and I have this argument all the time. She thinks I should just let all the stupidity go and I hold them responsible for their stupid decisions. If you do something dumb and raise your hand to take credit for it, the situation is over and we all just move along. I've done this plenty of times and accept the honks and hand gestures because I screwed up. But if you do something wrong and either don't acknowledge it or worse, make a gesture at the person you wronged, I am not going to let that go. I know I can't (legally) physically hurt them, but I can make life rough for a while, depending on how much free time I have.
LOL, I really dont get on drivers who make mistakes, who doesn't make mistakes? I really hate that Idiot at texas driving school. He is telling his students to drive at 20mph on potranco, he stops on greenlights I feel like beating the living snot out of him. what a morron, I feel sorry for all thos kids/people that are getting ripped off by this *******.

Quote:

I stopped at the sign, looked over to see the moron was too busy texting to go when it was his turn, waited an appropriate amount of time for him to perform a cranium-anal orifice extraction and when I saw that it wasn't happening, I drove off.

It was then that he magically finished whatever he was texting and--ignorant of the congestion he was causing (two cars per direction on the main road, and another waiting from the opposite side of him)--he decided it was his turn to go. Without warning, he suddenly started to pull out after I had already entered the intersection, at which time I had the legal right-of-way.

I would have caused more problems by stopping and I figure when it came to size, weight and steel versus plastic, my Jeep had his Honda beat to so I continued.

Actually, there was more of a chance of him hitting the side of my Jeep; which would have made any accident his fault. And which time he would have been lucky that I didn't take his phone/texting device and plant it somewhere where he couldn't reach it for a while!
Its been confirmed that texting while driving is worse than drunk driving a drunk at least pays attention to what he's doing.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:22 PM

137 posts, read 284,032 times
I'm neutral bc I am not perfect but you know typing these things out are totally different than actually acting out these things.

I think the most anyone does is catch up and give them the finger. You are not trying to catch up to these guys or girls to get into a fight or something similar so please don't lie because you might be a big bad guy or girl online but offline you would only scream and holler. I don't care what you type online! And its annoying to read how I could of caught up to him but traffic was a little heavy but he was lucky because he would of got a quick lesson in blah blah blah) You might just be lucky traffic saved you from an embarrasing moment on the side of the road when you successfully bring another car to a stop and the driver is more than willing to protect himself.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:22 PM

9,851 posts, read 13,698,680 times
Oh geez. This was bad. Around 1:45 this afternoon I'm driving on 410 west near Cherry Ridge headed towards 10 to get on the interchange.

There's a cop a few cars in front of me and all the sudden his lights come on. He pulls someone over on the fly away thing. And the 10 East fly away is only one lane so everyone is like "Umm...we have to slow down 10 miles below the speed limit because we don't want to get a ticket!" so everyone is going like 5 miles an hour instead of the 45ish that usual go.

It was ridiculous to pull this guy over on the fly away. And oh my. If someone had pulled me over there I would have freaked out....I am not deathly afraid of heights but enough to get kind of shaky. But, that's more of a cop thing then a bad driver thing. Maybe a bad cop driver?

Old 09-01-2009, 03:52 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj007 View Post
I'm neutral bc I am not perfect but you know typing these things out are totally different than actually acting out these things.

I think the most anyone does is catch up and give them the finger. You are not trying to catch up to these guys or girls to get into a fight or something similar so please don't lie because you might be a big bad guy or girl online but offline you would only scream and holler. I don't care what you type online! And its annoying to read how I could of caught up to him but traffic was a little heavy but he was lucky because he would of got a quick lesson in blah blah blah) You might just be lucky traffic saved you from an embarrasing moment on the side of the road when you successfully bring another car to a stop and the driver is more than willing to protect himself.
actually, I'm a lot nicer online.. and don't assume that protection thing only goes one way. My truck was very protected everywhere I went today

Old 09-01-2009, 06:54 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,505,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj007 View Post

Your post makes no viable logic, but it reminds me of a driver who hit a construction ahead sign on loop 1604 on the north side.

Well I was driving at 50 MPH on the RIGHT lane, and a BMW driver cut me off and flipped me off, at first I made nothing of it, and pretended not to notice it, and He decided to start breaking to get my attention and I noticed his hand and finger were getting ripped with veins. Long story short as he was busy trying to get my attention he started veering off lane, and suddenly a sign jumped right in front of him LOL I just changed lanes and went on my way after he was making a cloud of smoke

Old 09-01-2009, 07:22 PM

323 posts, read 829,538 times
I was driving down I35 sb, and getting off the Binz Engleman exit. There was a rig driving on the access road in the right lane. As I was merging onto the access road, the truck went from the right lane right into the left lane, almost right over the little diamonds that mark "yeild to on-coming traffic." I had to slam on my brakes just to not get hit. What a way to start a Monday morning.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:11 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,367,677 times
Quote:

I think I misunderstood your post. It sounded like you would have purposely run him over to teach him a lesson.....or maybe that was your intent? What would have been a worst problem caused by stopping than potentially killing a stupid driver? You said you'd win and it would be his fault. So no concern for bodily injury? I can never tell with all the bravado going on in these types of threads!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio