U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2009, 07:01 PM

5,142 posts, read 11,482,122 times

Advertisements

If anyone already mentioned Career Point, oopsie but those are my least favorite. Thanks Career Point slogan and ugh, just annoys me with no concrete reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 03:09 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,246,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearCounty View Post
1) Stormtracker 4 Jennifer Broome, where she's nearly in tears about doing her job. "YOUR SAFETY IS MY NUMBER ONE CONERN"
I didn't know my hands were in the weather lady's hands. She deserves an Oscar for that one. Also the one with the $49 weather radio she tries to shove down our throats is a close second
2) The Time Warner football commercial with the ANNOYING coach.
It skips/stutters like crazy and makes me dizzy/nauseous.
3) The PIMP that sells Eye Glasses, Tattoos, and piercings, and has a beauty shop.
Too entrepreneurial for me.
What are your most hated commercials
You made me wet myself with laughter...the PIMP that sells Eyeglasses, Tattoos and piercings!

I remember when I first saw it and I was watching it with my husband we couldn't figure out what the heck was he selling. His eyeglasses in the background look like knockoffs from the Sally Jesse Rapheal and Phil Donohue show back in the 80's! And what gets me he wears the white suit for the eyeglasses and the red for the piercings! My husband and I laughed saying we didn't know that the Devil got a side job doing tattoos and piercings in SA. We knew the economy was hard but not that hard!

Old 10-01-2009, 03:20 PM

14,628 posts, read 31,230,954 times
Man, I've always said that guy creeped me out, but now I'm starting to feel bad.....he sure seems like a decent guy, and he's been in business here forever. He started his business in a recession and now it looks like he's put his son or sons in business with the tattoo parlors....sounds to me like he's a good family man who's just trying to make a living. I'm gonna stop ragging on him....yes, he's odd, but he must be doing something right!

Old 10-01-2009, 07:54 PM

28 posts, read 56,235 times
There was a comercial a few years ago with a female attorney calling herself a "bulldog in heels" - it would crack me up because i would always get a funky inappropriate mental image.

The beyer boys commericals are hilarious too - the kids bend over backwards but the big boys only tilt slightly to one side.

It also amazing how Wayne Wright has not aged a day since i first saw one his commercial more than 10 years ago.

The arrow upholstery (and now drapery) commerials with the old ladies remind me of Psycho.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:04 PM

4,089 posts, read 6,109,996 times
It would be the Fiesta commercial...(twirling finger)..."just outside Loop 410"....I did see a take-off of that commercial. Ewald's Tractor...the owner did the commercial and at the end he twirled his finger and said "Way-y-y-y outside Loop 410" totally cracked me up....

Old 10-01-2009, 08:11 PM

3,770 posts, read 7,296,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_satx View Post
It also amazing how Wayne Wright has not aged a day since i first saw one his commercial more than 10 years ago.
Wayne Wright steals the youth of all his clients

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_satx View Post
The arrow upholstery (and now drapery) commerials with the old ladies remind me of Psycho.
Agreed. Those old ladies freak me out. But the Discount Tire vieja...I wouldnt mess with her.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:45 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,083,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Man, I've always said that guy creeped me out, but now I'm starting to feel bad.....he sure seems like a decent guy, and he's been in business here forever. He started his business in a recession and now it looks like he's put his son or sons in business with the tattoo parlors....sounds to me like he's a good family man who's just trying to make a living. I'm gonna stop ragging on him....yes, he's odd, but he must be doing something right!
he has a new commercial out where he is talking really slow and actually pausing between words!! Think he may have caught a glimpse of this thread. ??

Old 10-01-2009, 11:08 PM

330 posts, read 1,237,149 times
This isn't a San Antonio commercial, but it's local and it's the best one I've ever seen so I have to throw the link in here.

YouTube - Black and White People Furniture - Red House Commercial

Old 10-02-2009, 06:44 AM

60 posts, read 126,312 times
Just Brakes radio commercials
Y100 "we play x fewer commercials than kj97"

Old 10-02-2009, 02:56 PM

355 posts, read 1,246,249 times
Pockett. They have that lame guy trying to be " hip" by talking fast and moving his hands around like a rapper. so stupid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio