Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2011, 08:48 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,587,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
Hahaha, no. I read an article with her featured in SA Woman a few years ago.

I was left scratching my head as to what qualified her to be promoted to VP just 2 years out of Grad School.

Well, she is an Ancira of course, it is the family business.

I can only assume there were other exemplary employees with an equivalent education and further experience than her.

Hey, nobody *has* to struggle in life to be admirable, it's the blatantly obvious promotions and titles that are given out based on family name that is obnoxious. At least IMO.

And seeing poorly dressed people on TV commericals leaves me scratching my head too - hence the remark on the outfit and placement of body parts. I mean not only do you have mirror and a crew, but a playback function...someone's gotta tell ya the truth.

Great!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 09:57 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
That new ancira commercial with those little girls is awful. The girls look like their faces are nothing but caked on makeup and it's revolting. Bad enough that a lot of little girls here look and act WAY older than they should, but why exploit it on TV? They're also pretty ugly, which I've been noticing a lot around here. Used to be that all babies and little kids were cute, but there's some seriously ugly ones around here lately. Not sure if it's always been like that or I'm just now noticing, but I guess they're unfortunately taking after the "parents" now...

Old 01-30-2011, 11:55 AM

898 posts, read 2,895,728 times
I want to see more of Aracely

Old 01-30-2011, 02:11 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,508,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony78201 View Post
I want to see more of Aracely
Who is this Aracely I have read about here and in past posts? Sorry, I have only lived here 7 years. But, somehow, I did get to know "the PIMP". Ewwwwwww, gross.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:00 PM

39 posts, read 97,488 times
I saw Aracely doin' a car commercial on an Austin station but it wasn't the same without the 'twirling' forefinger.

The commercial that bug the $^!T out of me is the insurance commercial where the piggy goes 'wee wee wee' Jeeeeeez

Old 01-31-2011, 06:00 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
Don't hate the pig!! That's one of my favorite commercials. The Sprint ones never get old either....and the AT&T one with the people carpooling and the one guy downloads his message first, cracks up, and then 20 seconds later everyone else finally gets it downloaded and cracks up....that's hilarious. I love it every time.

The first State Farm one was funny--"with a new boyfriend!" "With a new girlfriend!" "Oh, this is what you like??" (how she didn't see that coming is beyond me) but they are getting carried away now and are overdoing that whole theme.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:43 AM

1,066 posts, read 3,693,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
That new ancira commercial with those little girls is awful. The girls look like their faces are nothing but caked on makeup and it's revolting. Bad enough that a lot of little girls here look and act WAY older than they should, but why exploit it on TV? They're also pretty ugly, which I've been noticing a lot around here. Used to be that all babies and little kids were cute, but there's some seriously ugly ones around here lately. Not sure if it's always been like that or I'm just now noticing, but I guess they're unfortunately taking after the "parents" now...
I completely agree. Terrible commercial. The girls are not cute and have on way too much make-up (for a child on TV).

Can Ernesto make a normal commercial?

Old 01-31-2011, 11:15 AM

898 posts, read 2,895,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
Who is this Aracely I have read about here and in past posts? Sorry, I have only lived here 7 years. But, somehow, I did get to know "the PIMP". Ewwwwwww, gross.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBtFW7-77gI

Old 01-31-2011, 07:18 PM

554 posts, read 1,067,764 times
So is this Aracely commercial newer than the one(s) (I have only saw one) she does for Northside Ford? Is she just free lancing now after leaving Fiesta? I see she has the finger twirl going in that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOtA6Qnyf7E

Old 01-31-2011, 07:30 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,556,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
That new ancira commercial with those little girls is awful. The girls look like their faces are nothing but caked on makeup and it's revolting. Bad enough that a lot of little girls here look and act WAY older than they should, but why exploit it on TV? They're also pretty ugly, which I've been noticing a lot around here.
WOW....

I happen to know the family of those two girls...the makeup is not their fault...but I wouldn't venture to label 5 years olds "ugly"!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio