U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2011, 11:55 AM

251 posts, read 454,710 times

Advertisements

I can't ascertain whether or not I'm annoyed by those Texas Lending.com commercials that I'm seeing more of lately. The guy that does those looks a lot like Rich Little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 06:43 PM

359 posts, read 712,316 times
I see Araceli is now doing Toyota commercials. She sure has gotten around after the Fiesta gig. When I see her in the Toyota commercials I can't help but think she could use some implants, if you know what I mean. Not sure why that comes to mind now as it never has in any of the other commercials I have seen her do. You kow, Enesto Ancira should hire her next, she would be a big improvement for Ancira commercials.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:28 PM

409 posts, read 847,053 times
Could switching to Geico really save you %15 or more on car insurance? Does a little piggy go, "weee weee weee." all the way home?? my alltime fav.

Old 09-14-2011, 12:22 PM

467 posts, read 913,472 times
The Sonic commercial for their new hot dogs with that awful sounding lady trying to sing,...sounds like Dolly....

Old 09-14-2011, 12:55 PM

1,158 posts, read 1,380,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsatx View Post
So they dont have a TV at home and have to hang out at Bjorn's?? The little red barn one sucked also. Actually all the Ancira commericals suck.
The Little Red Barn was the worst April Ancira commercial. Is she cross-eyed or was she purposely staring at the ceiling?!

Old 09-14-2011, 02:39 PM

159 posts, read 684,838 times
How did this thread get by me, this is right up my alley. My friends and I talk about the commercials we hate all the time here we go.

Local Commercials

Cannot stand looking at those Aramendia plumbing kids. They look like the sloth from the Goonies.

Ewald Tractors, I hope those commercials put you out of business. You really deserve it!

Looking at Karen Martinez face anytime there is a Fox News commercial. Im not saying she is ugly, I just don’t want to look at her. Can they get her a Rocky Dennis mask.

Ive already put my two cents in on Jackie, in another post where someone liked her commercials. Its good to know everybody hates her commercials too.

More annoying than the Waterburger guys voice, is the guy who does the radio commercials for the Adult Megaplex. “It’s like my wife turned 18 again, and now our love life is Guh hu hu hu hood”. He’s happy his wife got a BOB? He needs a slap.

Americus Diamond. Hes been cutting out the retail middle man and putting my right to sleep with the sound of his voice since the 90’s. You would think they would have enough money to make a different commercial for those blood diamonds. At least I know my four C’s.

Quote:
Ok, there is this commercial for some tax service company that I can't stand. I can't remember the name of the company but it has this guy rapping with bodyguards while people are getting their taxes done.
Oh goodness Im glad someone remembered this, I felt bad for San Antonio as a whole for doing this. Ewald Tractors called and said they want their VP of Bad Ideas back. I don’t know what was worst the guy in his La Feria suit rapping, that flunky from Fox Tech singing or those corny bodyguards and their $20 buletooth earpieces. I hope they were using those bluetooth's to talk to the sniper that was gonna take out the director of that commercial, awful.

There is this chick who does the Little Red Barn commercials. She is either slow, on drugs or the place was being robbed during the filming of the commercial. Very strange vibe there.

National Commercials

Flo! The twinkie from the Progressive commercials, “Go Big MONEY!!!......I mean go its your lunch break hun.” Nuff said!

AT&T- Flash Mob commercial. Cant stand looking at that idiot dance…”We Are!”…..(buzz)..”Flash Mob moved to 12:30”.

My most hated:

ALEX ALEX ALEX!!! This idiot friggin touched the out of bounds ball in the high school championship game and wants to tell the ref that he got the call wrong. His teammates, his coach and most of all myself want to strangle this fool. If I was the coach I would have made him take his uniform off and go sit in the stands with mommy...in his underwear, no bus ride home either. “I dropped the ball coach, its their ball”…..the look on his face is PATHETIC.

Quote:
Does anyone actually like the Geico 'caveman' commercials?
Sorry to say but, YES!!! Love the cavemen they are too funny this bit has not gotten old in my book. They think they are cool, they try so hard to fit in and they are just ugly, hairy and stank. LOL they remind me of the guys who work in the IT dept with me.

“Not Cool!...Hey I didn’t know you guys still exist.”
“Ill have the duck with the mango salsa.” “I don’t have much of an appetite, THANK YOU!”
“….Im outta here wheres my coat…it was suede, with the fringe”

Did anyone see the Caveman Crib.com website? You could walk around their house as they got ready for a party. You could click on things in the house and they would make comments or yell at you. When you clicked on their answering machine you heard messages from people cancelling their party. They were getting ready for nothing.

Last edited by spaceage007; 09-14-2011 at 02:48 PM..

Old 09-14-2011, 02:53 PM

392 posts, read 626,668 times
I hate the loud-as-hell Worldwide Pest Control commercial with the AWFUL song they came up with and 80s graphics.

I hate all the World Car dealership commercials about "THE BEST DEAL ON THE PLANET," especially the ones they were playing with a few stupid historical dates trying to compare those moments in history with people buying their cars...

I hate the Cavender commercials talking about how they're not those "city" car dealer types, like they're just some cowboys out on a ranch that sells cars. TALK about complete B-S and annoying!

Still, nothing will ever drive me to rage like the endless, repetitive string of friggin' aggravating car commercials we were subjected to in Baton Rouge, and each one talked as fast as possible and then had some stupid catchphrase at the end of their commercial!!!!!!

Old 09-14-2011, 07:35 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,081,904 times
I hate -- HATE -- those swifter commercials where some poor actor who obviously needs rent money is dressed up like mud or dust and then is swept up by the swifter while they blare some bad 80s love song. I have to run and turn the channel when they come on, they annoy me soooo much.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:44 PM

890 posts, read 1,531,395 times
The Hammer

Old 09-15-2011, 12:25 AM

898 posts, read 2,558,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbd View Post
The Hammer
have you heard his spanish commercials? el martillo tejano...LOL

Last edited by tony78201; 09-15-2011 at 12:34 AM.. Reason: spell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio