U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 06:09 AM

23 posts, read 66,879 times

Advertisements

1) Stormtracker 4 Jennifer Broome, where she's nearly in tears about doing her job. "YOUR SAFETY IS MY NUMBER ONE CONERN"
I didn't know my hands were in the weather lady's hands. She deserves an Oscar for that one. Also the one with the $49 weather radio she tries to shove down our throats is a close second
2) The Time Warner football commercial with the ANNOYING coach.
It skips/stutters like crazy and makes me dizzy/nauseous.
3) The PIMP that sells Eye Glasses, Tattoos, and piercings, and has a beauty shop.
Too entrepreneurial for me.
What are your most hated commercials
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 06:43 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,324,532 times
It's not local but I absolutely hate the new Dell commercial. I have to change the channel when it comes on.
It is in a factory and they are stamping out different colored laptops the song playing is "lollipop".

Lollipop, lollipop, oh lolly,lolly,lolly, lolliPOP

To keep it local, I also don't like the Fiesta Dodge commericals. "Just outside loop 410" doing the :swirling finger: thing.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:46 AM

3,468 posts, read 7,750,670 times
Since everyone *thinks* Whataburger is a strictly Texas Thang (I KNOW, they're based in TX, but we had it in Phx when I was growing up, and that was like in the STONE AGE!! LOL!!) ~

I can not STAND that guy's voice!!! On ANY of their commercials! Ugh.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:36 AM

1,848 posts, read 4,201,767 times
Anything with April Ancira.

Full ride to Trinity followed by an immediate promotion to VP of Chrysler Jeep Dodge at the age of 24?

Please, my kid would be scrubbing the floors of the showroom for a few years longer.

In the most recent commercial, she is wearing a homely sweater and long skirt. Her breasts look like they sit near her elbows.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:52 AM

69 posts, read 176,987 times
anything withOUT April Ancira

Old 09-02-2009, 08:21 AM

1,532 posts, read 3,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
It's not local but I absolutely hate the new Dell commercial. I have to change the channel when it comes on.
It is in a factory and they are stamping out different colored laptops the song playing is "lollipop".

Lollipop, lollipop, oh lolly,lolly,lolly, lolliPOP

To keep it local, I also don't like the Fiesta Dodge commericals. "Just outside loop 410" doing the :swirling finger: thing.
My son LOVES this commercial and makes us rewind it so that he can watch it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Since everyone *thinks* Whataburger is a strictly Texas Thang (I KNOW, they're based in TX, but we had it in Phx when I was growing up, and that was like in the STONE AGE!! LOL!!) ~

I can not STAND that guy's voice!!! On ANY of their commercials! Ugh.
You should hear my hubby immitate that guy. lol It's priceless, honestly. THEN he starts making up his own words, to the commercials, in that guys voice. Makes it worthwhile. lol

Old 09-02-2009, 08:34 AM

8,400 posts, read 20,161,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearCounty View Post
3) The PIMP that sells Eye Glasses, Tattoos, and piercings, and has a beauty shop.
Too entrepreneurial for me.
WHAAAA?!?! Mike Yuchnitz? The dude is DA BOMB! But I was thinking more along the line of Chuck Mangione...

I see his Corvette parked in front of his Marbach/410 store all the time, his license plate reads 'YM.' He was also mentioned in page five of the Your Opinion of local TV shows/news thread a while back, post #48.

By the way, do you think it is the same 'Mike Yuchnitz' that's in this list of Seniors from Yamato High School, Year 1970 (http://www.yamatohs.com/yhs70.html - broken link)?

I know he is retired USAF, I wonder if he was a USAF brat as well?

Old 09-02-2009, 08:48 AM

968 posts, read 2,192,953 times
i absolutely HATE the mothers window tint commercials. the guy sounds like a used car salesman, and the commercials are filmed in about the same quality as a small time used car dealership. (girls and everything)

AND SPLASHTOWN "a new wave of fun at splashtown" just hearing it makes me aprehensive, its so catchy and annoying. i avoid splashtown because of that commercial. and i don't know the first part of the jingle so IT IRRITATES ME EVEN MORE!

nationally the prius commercial just angers me, not because its a prius, i love those cars. but the people and the song are both psychadelic...bap ba, de, da, de, da, and the people swaying side to side...anyone see that fresh prince episode with will smith in sunflower spandex? thats what the commercial reminds me of.

Last edited by Orincarnia; 09-02-2009 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: added another commercial

Old 09-02-2009, 08:50 AM

427 posts, read 1,039,329 times
I'm not sure if they're on TV or not, but on radio, Billy Bobs Beds.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:55 AM

915 posts, read 1,662,318 times
My Econo Optical & Tattoos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio