U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2011, 11:44 PM

144 posts, read 312,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Same here, but all I can offer is...

Cheers! M2
+5 for Charles Foster Kane
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 02:27 AM

575 posts, read 1,259,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeptech210 View Post
What I meant by being safer at Ingram than la catera is that there just punks that are all talk... Over at la cantera you got to deal with desperate junkies and drug dealers. Hence all the car thefts and break ins over there.
We must be at two different malls because I have never see desperate junkies or drug dealers in the parking lot at La Cantera. I've never seen a car theft happen either but then again I don't spend the whole time there in the parking lot. Obviously it happens there because malls are always a happening place for break ins and stealing cars. I've always felt safe at La Cantera and never feared for my life.

After this indecent Ingram has more than just punks that are all talk. Who shoots someone in the arm over a car? That is one person who doesn't need a gun. I hope he gets jail time for this.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:43 AM

177 posts, read 317,120 times
In general, the malls in San Antonio leave a lot to be desired. La Cantera is the only mall I will go to and even it is mediocre. We just returned from a long weekend in Frisco, TX... a litter-free, graffiti-free area of Dallas. We visited three different shopping malls and they were all much nicer than anything here. I just don't understand how a city this large cannot require more of itself. Frisco's baseball park is absolutely beautiful, people are friendly, city pride abounds. The entertainment venue we went to was spotless and didn't stink. Makes me glad the Mayflower truck comes in a week.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:50 AM

6,878 posts, read 18,179,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabart47 View Post
In general, the malls in San Antonio leave a lot to be desired. La Cantera is the only mall I will go to and even it is mediocre. We just returned from a long weekend in Frisco, TX... a litter-free, graffiti-free area of Dallas. We visited three different shopping malls and they were all much nicer than anything here. I just don't understand how a city this large cannot require more of itself. Frisco's baseball park is absolutely beautiful, people are friendly, city pride abounds. The entertainment venue we went to was spotless and didn't stink. Makes me glad the Mayflower truck comes in a week.
Yeah, I think the excuse used over and over here is "it's a cultural thing." You know, because we're not allowed to say what it really is...slobs and people who just don't give a rat's behind.

It is disheartening, yes, to go somewhere else that is so clean and nice and then come home to San Antonio, pocketed with landscapes of graffiti and trash.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:09 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,180,288 times
San Antonio has always been a city of just "getting by". This is a poor city...trying to compare it to Frisco, arguably one of the most expensive burbs in the DFW area is ludicrious

Old 03-02-2011, 07:20 AM

1,276 posts, read 3,434,332 times
I don't think being a "poor city" has anything to do with the crap we all see on a daily basis. Cost of San Antonio vs cost of Frisco (or anywhere else) to live has nothing to do with this. It's called community pride, community involvement, caring about your surroundings and the area you live, etc. I've seen poorer communities across this country where there is no litter, graffiti, and the people get involved to keep their communities looking good.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:43 AM

1,289 posts, read 3,334,929 times
I think even if you were a CHL owner you'd give up your keys in a situation like that. The perp came up from behind and had the weapon on her already. So after you give up the keys do you do it then? I think you'd either have to one shot him or empty the clip to preclude a shootout and injuries to yourself, kids, or bystanders.

Myself, short of a life or death situation I would prefer that my kids not witness someone being shot. If the perp is driving away in the car I'd let it go.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:52 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,180,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadleyzoo View Post
I don't think being a "poor city" has anything to do with the crap we all see on a daily basis. Cost of San Antonio vs cost of Frisco (or anywhere else) to live has nothing to do with this. It's called community pride, community involvement, caring about your surroundings and the area you live, etc. I've seen poorer communities across this country where there is no litter, graffiti, and the people get involved to keep their communities looking good.

Show me a city with a population equal to or greater than San Antonio, and tell me that that city is cleaner or more community involved. It isnt happening. You might be talking about cities much smaller than San Antonio

Old 03-02-2011, 08:19 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,295,799 times
San Diego is next closest in size and it's a day/night comparison. And no I'm not FCF, but I did live there for most of the 90's.

As far as what to do in this situation.. I don't think anyone can say what they'd do until the SHTF.. and as far as Ingram Park Mall, it's an awful craphole. My wife has worked there for years and I wish she could get a transfer to another store. We had some lovely entitled POSs try to break into her car three days after we bought it and countless other POSs that ding doors, leave scratches, and even had a hit and run on one of my vehicles one freaking day after I bought it. It's just beyond nasty, but very fitting for most of this city.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:20 AM

1,256 posts, read 1,754,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Yeah, I think the excuse used over and over here is "it's a cultural thing." You know, because we're not allowed to say what it really is...slobs and people who just don't give a rat's behind.

It is disheartening, yes, to go somewhere else that is so clean and nice and then come home to San Antonio, pocketed with landscapes of graffiti and trash.

"It is curltural."

Visit ANY of our malls during a school weekday and one can not help but notice the number of school age kids on a fling. Where are the truancy officers?

I know such would not happen on such a scale in Frisco.

40 years ago Frisco had a population of appx 2000. Today 116000 plus.

Called the city hall in Frisco and talked in English to a real person,

NO

#1 for English
#2 for Spanish

Reelection or keeping a job and heads in the sand are terrible bedmates.

Last edited by WilGar; 03-02-2011 at 08:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or