Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 11:00 AM

500 posts, read 969,312 times

Advertisements

BTW , there is such a incident recorded on SpotCrime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 11:17 AM

102 posts, read 188,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpantle View Post
BTW , there is such a incident recorded on SpotCrime.
Thanks!!!! There, it's on the internet, maybe some people will believe it happened now.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:22 AM

321 posts, read 1,069,395 times
StoneOakInfo.com's Facebook page mentioned earlier today that they are working on putting up a news story about this incident.
Here's the blurb they put in there:
"Working on a story for you later today concerning a Robbery that took place Thursday Evening (June 20) at Holy Trinity Catholic Church. Be on the look out for the story."

Old 06-25-2013, 01:05 PM

349 posts, read 422,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samvp View Post
First off, it's HER word. If you choose to take a persons word as gospel, over the Internet, then so be it. I choose not to especially when there is NO evidence to back up the claim or story. Aside from zero news coverage, there was/is no police report of he incident.

If you want to believe someone was held up at gunpoint at a church and then went about their life only telling the people at the church why happens, then go for it.

Knowing that, I'd like to sell you a bridge if you're interested.
Whoops?

Coming soon....

Old 06-25-2013, 02:17 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,368,526 times
From the story:

"
Crimes happen in many places but no one thinks they would happen on Holy Ground.
A robbery took place at Holy Trinity Catholic Church last Thursday evening (June 20), while members of ACTS Team were preparing for an upcoming TEEN ACTS Retreat.
One of the ACTS Sisters who was leaving the church was shoved to the ground and held at gunpoint. The robber took her purse as well as paperwork.
This has been the first crime that has been reported at the church. It has been announced that the church will be installing camera's on church grounds.
Deacon Oscar was unavailable at the time for a comment.
If you have any information concerning the incident please call the offices of Holy Trinity at 210-497-4410."

Source

Not sure why samvp is so opposed to anyone reporting crime in the San Antonio area. It is a very common occurrence in the area....

Old 06-25-2013, 02:24 PM

340 posts, read 586,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
Not sure why samvp is so opposed to anyone reporting crime in the San Antonio area. It is a very common occurrence in the area....

I don't have a problem reporting crime. It was in the fashion that OP went about it. Bumping unrelated four year old threads then creating an entirely new thread with the same information.

I then checked to see what had happened and couldn't find any information about a crime occurring, so then I questioned whether it happened or not on grounds the OP had no proof and was a bit overzealous in reporting it.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:34 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,368,526 times
Quote:

I don't have a problem reporting crime. It was in the fashion that OP went about it. Bumping unrelated four year old threads then creating an entirely new thread with the same information.

I then checked to see what had happened and couldn't find any information about a crime occurring, so then I questioned whether it happened or not on grounds the OP had no proof and was a bit overzealous in reporting it.

As I mentioned in my post on the other thread in question, three neighborhoods along I-10 West were hit Sunday night/Monday morning for a total of somewhere between 9-12 car burglaries and that is not being reported on any of the local news stations. It doesn't meant it did not happen.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:54 PM

500 posts, read 969,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
As I mentioned in my post on the other thread in question, three neighborhoods along I-10 West were hit Sunday night/Monday morning for a total of somewhere between 9-12 car burglaries and that is not being reported on any of the local news stations. It doesn't meant it did not happen.
Agreed. Internet sources and local news stations aren't the end all be all of disseminating information. To ridicule someone for sharing information such as this has a diminishing effect on this forum itself.

I know I would think twice before posting again.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:56 PM

203 posts, read 561,269 times
Quote:
So not only did you bump a four yer old thread, you also created an entirely new one and posted the exact same claim.

I say claim because the only information I have been able to find about a robbery at gun point at Holy Trinity in Stone Oak is the two posts you've made on CD.

I've done a search on news sites, google, other forums and alas the only mention of it is the two posts by you.

So just because YOU couldn't find it doesn't mean you have to be rude. I found it no problem and only a fool would think that every crime that happens is posted somewhere online!

Old 06-25-2013, 05:12 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,439,361 times
Quote:

Sounds like you were more concerned that your property values were going to drop. You haven't apologized to the OP yet btw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio