Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 06:54 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,925,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Is that from a song or a quote?

Btw, i hate the sprawl. Looking like California.
It doesn't look anything like California. California has sunshine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2007, 07:15 PM

94 posts, read 652,246 times
Great photos! Thanks for posting. It looks beautiful to me

Old 05-01-2007, 01:40 AM

3,542 posts, read 8,219,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
lol I so wish you were here in Spring 2005 through summer 2006 when we couldnt even buy a cloud here in town.

I say this in total honesty because I love weather and I love the rain but both of those years were just terrible to sit through since every storm system would pass to our north leaving us high and dry. I actually had a similar experience with weather to yours when I moved here in the summer of 2002 from Michigan.

There was a nasty flood then and I thought I was moving to a very wet climate, but it didnt take me long to realize how variable our weather it is. Unfortunately, if you dont like the weather pattern we're in, it is very stubborn and doesnt like to change. That being said, it'll probably stay wet here for a while (like it was dry in 05 and 06 for us.)

Old 05-03-2007, 09:52 AM
RGV RGV started this thread

570 posts, read 3,212,156 times
I always seemed to be in SA on a cloudy day.

Old 05-03-2007, 02:55 PM

13 posts, read 63,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
With housing at three times the price as in SA.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:15 PM

142 posts, read 337,567 times
I'm inclined to agree that whether or not a neighborhood turns into a slum is a matter of economics. As long as I'm discussing this line of thinking, imagine what all these far-flung subdivisions will look like when gasoline eventually cruises past $4/gallon to $5/gallon to $6/gallon. This may take a while, but consider what happens to the mind of the average owner of the average gas-guzzling SUV when he has to take out a loan for a $140 - $160 fill up. He will move. He would rather move closer into town where the jobs are than live out in burbs where the jobs aren't. The process of emptying out the suburbs will eventually re-define the old phrase, "On the other side of the tracks" where the less fortunate live because in our society, the less fortunate usually live in the most economically disadvantaged parts of the city. The revival of downtown and the "shallow northside" communities is really a Yuppie driven process that began some time ago and is only intensifying with time. The trouble with sprawl is simply that it places so many people so far away from the city they supposedly live in. To me, the future is headed towards a more, not less, dense city.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:16 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,220,032 times
Or they just buy a hybrid or electric car.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:33 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,387,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
Trust me houses in west Plano look much nicer than the ones in the pictures above. More apt is houses in the southern richardson area from spring valley and coit over to the empty and closed Richardson Square mall.
On to Windcrest, there is nothing wrong with Windcrest I have often said the reputation it has is undeserved, but it does have a not so great reputation that they are desperately trying to shake off. I do think you can call Windcrest masterplanned. From the time the Winns bought the land and sold the first houses they knew what was going to go where.
The areas of stone oak where it's all custom, like most of Sonterra, the manned gated communities those will most likely be okay. But the areas where all the houses look the same and aren't 4 sides brick thats the areas I would be worried about.
And that's the truth. Many master-planned communities that have older sections do not look too great. Give it ten to fifteen years.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:37 PM

142 posts, read 337,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Or they just buy a hybrid or electric car.
True. I certainly wouldn't discourage anyone from doing that - a good move, but a fairly pricey one, although in the long run it will pay off. Still, burbs will fall into disrepute when the price of gasoline gets that high.

Old 05-15-2007, 08:26 PM

789 posts, read 1,850,773 times
More, more, more...

Where can I see more pictures of the San Antone area, please?

Al
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio