U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-06-2009, 02:35 PM
 
330 posts, read 1,236,398 times
Reputation: 264

Advertisements

Has anyone gone to this week's parade of homes at TerraMont? Is it worth the time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-06-2009, 04:23 PM
 
554 posts, read 2,104,706 times
Reputation: 194
We went this morning. There are some nice homes, but nothing too different from what you see at past POH. There were a couple builders we were unfamiliar with and they had some nice offerings. Lots of the same decor styles...we think there was only one house that didn't have dead animals all over the place. If that's your kind of style, then you'll probably love it. But its not ours and it got old really fast. We weren't sorry we went, but we weren't completely thrilled with everything either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2009, 07:13 PM
 
Location: Charleston, SC
5,615 posts, read 12,826,401 times
Reputation: 2534
Is there much focus on new technologies and building practices? How is the decorating and architecture? Conservative, or modern and young?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2009, 07:18 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
4,149 posts, read 9,323,921 times
Reputation: 3308
I've been out there a total of 30 hours the last three days. Of course I've got one of them listed, so I'm working.

However, the homes this year are a little more livable than the past. Past Parades have some really over-the-top things that made for very unique homes, but some weren't good family homes. The views are absolutely amazing!! Similar to what you'd find in Austin. There are a few builders going a little more modern. It's not like the past where half of them had the same look.

There are some cool materials used. Especially in the flooring and counter tops. Lots of very nice outdoor areas as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2009, 07:19 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
4,149 posts, read 9,323,921 times
Reputation: 3308
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRose View Post
We went this morning. There are some nice homes, but nothing too different from what you see at past POH. There were a couple builders we were unfamiliar with and they had some nice offerings. Lots of the same decor styles...we think there was only one house that didn't have dead animals all over the place. If that's your kind of style, then you'll probably love it. But its not ours and it got old really fast. We weren't sorry we went, but we weren't completely thrilled with everything either.
Out of curiosity, which was your favorite?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned
 
Location: Ohio
16,822 posts, read 33,203,260 times
Reputation: 13610
I have tickets and will probably go tomorrow. Glad to hear that there is more variety this year. Do you recommend parking at the site or taking the shuttle from the church?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2009, 07:28 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
4,149 posts, read 9,323,921 times
Reputation: 3308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
I have tickets and will probably go tomorrow. Glad to hear that there is more variety this year. Do you recommend parking at the site or taking the shuttle from the church?
Shuttle. Definitely. The only onsite parking is about a 1/2 mile uphill walk!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned
 
Location: Ohio
16,822 posts, read 33,203,260 times
Reputation: 13610
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Shuttle. Definitely. The only onsite parking is about a 1/2 mile uphill walk!
The shuttle it will be for us, then. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2009, 10:30 PM
 
4,796 posts, read 13,737,269 times
Reputation: 2710
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
I've been out there a total of 30 hours the last three days. Of course I've got one of them listed, so I'm working.

However, the homes this year are a little more livable than the past. Past Parades have some really over-the-top things that made for very unique homes, but some weren't good family homes. The views are absolutely amazing!! Similar to what you'd find in Austin. There are a few builders going a little more modern. It's not like the past where half of them had the same look.

There are some cool materials used. Especially in the flooring and counter tops. Lots of very nice outdoor areas as well.
That's good to know, Kev. There was only one last year that I thought was practical enough to be a "home". The others were definitely innovative but a couple were almost silly. I hope my schedule allows me to go this week....and the weather could cool off a little too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2009, 05:59 AM
 
Location: San Antonio
4,149 posts, read 9,323,921 times
Reputation: 3308
Yeah...some of them are still for sale from last year too. Mostly due to the neighborhood being where it's at and some of the floorplans not being functional.

Luckily the weather's been pretty nice compared to the last few years. Overcast for most of the days. They set up a lot of huge portable fans along the Parade too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top