U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 07:14 PM

872 posts, read 2,605,609 times

Advertisements

I'm wondering if it's okay because no business name is mentioned? Probably not, but I just didn't know if that might make a difference somehow.

I tried driving without the A/C on and/or windows down today because it was cooler than it has been, but it got hot and stuffy in the car fairly quickly, so I know the dog wasn't happy sitting there for that long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 08:51 PM

1,663 posts, read 3,087,831 times
What is the number to call in San Antonio for a situation like this, would it be Animal Control or police non-emergency? Sorry to ask, but I'm not clear on what to call in a situation like that if I ever see something like that.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:53 PM

17 posts, read 30,636 times
Animal Control should be called in cases like this. People can be fined big time for cruelty or neglect. (Doesn't anyone on here watch Animal Planet?) SA is way too hot to leave an animal in a car for any length of time, even with windows cracked!

Old 09-12-2009, 09:09 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,359,026 times
This is a little bit off topic, maybe.... kind of... but wth, I'm old and I no longer live there so you can't come and beat up on me without spending a whole lotta gas money.... so....

Whenever I go to my car in the middle of a hot day, or the end of a work day, even having cracked all the windows, it has been STIFLING GAWD-awful hot and impossible to breathe.....
and... every time that happens, it immediately makes me think about those babies and animals that get left in the heat in locked cars, and I realize how they slowly suffocate to death, these poor little helpless creatures....

I can't imagine the anguish of someone who loses their child this way, BUT I also can't fathom the slow, agonizing death these babies and animals suffer.....

Jesus, some things are just too unbearable to even think about.....

Old 09-12-2009, 09:09 PM

546 posts, read 1,316,553 times
Getting animal control to come out and do something...hah dog would have been dead by then. Personally i dont see the issue with their info being posted on a website...i mean if a restaurant was flooded with cockroaches...wouldn't you like to know before you ate there? This person shouldnt advertise their business on the back of their vehicle knowing that it could backfire on them.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:12 PM

546 posts, read 1,316,553 times
The crappy part about this whole thing is that persons dog or not ...a dog should not be left in a vehicle without ventilation. Its a defenseless creature that cant speak or roll the window down itself.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:22 PM

3,770 posts, read 7,294,662 times
I woulda called the police and wait for these fools to come out from wherever they were even if it took all day. Thats some buuullllshiizzzz

Old 09-12-2009, 09:23 PM

2,039 posts, read 4,906,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsGuysRule View Post
This is a little bit off topic, maybe.... kind of... but wth, I'm old and I no longer live there so you can't come and beat up on me without spending a whole lotta gas money.... so....

Whenever I go to my car in the middle of a hot day, or the end of a work day, even having cracked all the windows, it has been STIFLING GAWD-awful hot and impossible to breathe.....
and... every time that happens, it immediately makes me think about those babies and animals that get left in the heat in locked cars, and I realize how they slowly suffocate to death, these poor little helpless creatures....

I can't imagine the anguish of someone who loses their child this way, BUT I also can't fathom the slow, agonizing death these babies and animals suffer.....

Jesus, some things are just too unbearable to even think about.....

Pop, I am old too and I approve of this message.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,823 posts, read 33,222,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I just didn't think this forum allowed stuff like this. We've had parts of posts deleted before for mentioning a restaurant by name and if you don't believe me, I'll go find it. This woman or whoever owns a business....it's her livelihood and yes, it appears that she absolutely SUCKS at her job. However, why is it the OP's place to broadcast that? Again, I am not siding with her/him (the pet sitter)....I just don't get why everyone is assuming it's not her OWN dog ( which I know doesn't make that much difference ) and why it's even being allowed in the first place.

I'm sure Bowie will come in here and enlighten me......
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I'm just trying to be fair and balanced. I am in no way condoning the pet sitter's actions. I just don't think any of us would want our businesses blasted all over a message board without anyone notifying us that we need to go over there and defend ourselves and our livelihoods. It's one thing to post a link of a news report about a business. Quite another to post stuff like this. It's an opinion board, and these are my opinions.

I'm also wondering about the actual concern for the dog, or the actual concern to slam someone? Which is it? You don't have to answer to me, but it's strange that the OP was so worried about this dog, yet it appears that he and his wife took pics and left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
You're right, one would have THOUGHT this would not have gone on so long.

From the TOS:

"This is not the right place for consumer complaints. Such posts present defamation issues and they don't give the other side the opportunity to present their side of the argument."

Looks like a consumer complaint and potential defamation issue to me, but wadda I know. <shrugs>
You're correct. Consumer complaints and defamation are not allowed here. That's why after deleting it overnight and consulting with the OP as to whether s/he wanted the thread open to discuss the pet safety side of the story, the identifying information has been removed and the title changed. FWIW, I received exactly zero reports on this thread and managed to overlook its title on the couple of visits I made to the forum while it was going strong. Now that you've seen and discussed what can happen when you don't report a thread, I hope you'll feel freer next time to report posts that violate the TOS.

Back to discussing pet safety...

Last edited by Bo; 09-14-2009 at 09:09 AM..

Old 09-13-2009, 07:39 PM

1,663 posts, read 3,087,831 times
Pet safety in hot weather is indeed a very serious topic in Texas, please keep this thread open but of course we can't malign (sp?) businesses in particular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio