Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 05:31 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,585,248 times

Advertisements

Sapphire, Just my opinion and I respect you because you have so much knowledge but what if it were a child? I mean, okay so its not my child but would I turn my shoulder to it if it were their own?

Does that make sense?

* Your input about what if they are neighbors is valid, but again if they are neighbors and he is angry, the dog in a closed car is still wrong.

I have left my dog in a car late evening with all windows cracked and a water bowl on the floor board (talk about a mess). I can not imagine why they could not have cracked a window just a bit.

It would be great since you voiced your opinion to hear what the van owner has to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 05:40 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
I just didn't think this forum allowed stuff like this. We've had parts of posts deleted before for mentioning a restaurant by name and if you don't believe me, I'll go find it. This woman or whoever owns a business....it's her livelihood and yes, it appears that she absolutely SUCKS at her job. However, why is it the OP's place to broadcast that? Again, I am not siding with her/him (the pet sitter)....I just don't get why everyone is assuming it's not her OWN dog ( which I know doesn't make that much difference ) and why it's even being allowed in the first place.

I'm sure Bowie will come in here and enlighten me......

Old 09-12-2009, 05:47 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,585,248 times
Thanks, that makes sense. No need to go look for it, I believe what you say because you have a repuatition for being knowledgeable and honest.

Again, thanks!

I did not think of it the way you said it and it makes perfect sense.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerz View Post
I call the Police when I see Pets are left in hot cars, the local Police are pretty quick about it.
This NOT a good way for her to advertise her business.
I would do the same for Children.
Glad you took the pics.
And if the OP was really as concerned for the dog as he's proclaiming, why didn't he call the non-emergency police line?

Of course, it's a TERRIBLE way for her to advertise her business. But there are many people in business who suck at what they do. If we posted all of them in here, I think the site would be shut down.

I think ANYONE would do the same if it was a child.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:11 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,705,582 times
Do not argue with the lady with the golden star

Anyways, I've seen court cases of people getting sued for discussing aspects of various businesses through messageboards.

I guess this person doesn't need business as she never seems to pick up the phone when called...

Old 09-12-2009, 06:18 PM

I'm just trying to be fair and balanced. I am in no way condoning the pet sitter's actions. I just don't think any of us would want our businesses blasted all over a message board without anyone notifying us that we need to go over there and defend ourselves and our livelihoods. It's one thing to post a link of a news report about a business. Quite another to post stuff like this. It's an opinion board, and these are my opinions.

I'm also wondering about the actual concern for the dog, or the actual concern to slam someone? Which is it? You don't have to answer to me, but it's strange that the OP was so worried about this dog, yet it appears that he and his wife took pics and left.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:45 PM

299 posts, read 607,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I'm just trying to be fair and balanced. I am in no way condoning the pet sitter's actions. I just don't think any of us would want our businesses blasted all over a message board without anyone notifying us that we need to go over there and defend ourselves and our livelihoods. It's one thing to post a link of a news report about a business. Quite another to post stuff like this. It's an opinion board, and these are my opinions.

I'm also wondering about the actual concern for the dog, or the actual concern to slam someone? Which is it? You don't have to answer to me, but it's strange that the OP was so worried about this dog, yet it appears that he and his wife took pics and left.
I tried getting the person's story. I called, so did people on this board. Apparently they aren't interested in answering.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:46 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,552,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I just didn't think this forum allowed stuff like this. We've had parts of posts deleted before for mentioning a restaurant by name and if you don't believe me, I'll go find it. This woman or whoever owns a business....it's her livelihood and yes, it appears that she absolutely SUCKS at her job. However, why is it the OP's place to broadcast that? Again, I am not siding with her/him (the pet sitter)....I just don't get why everyone is assuming it's not her OWN dog ( which I know doesn't make that much difference ) and why it's even being allowed in the first place.

I'm sure Bowie will come in here and enlighten me......
You're right, one would have THOUGHT this would not have gone on so long.

From the TOS:

"This is not the right place for consumer complaints. Such posts present defamation issues and they don't give the other side the opportunity to present their side of the argument."

Looks like a consumer complaint and potential defamation issue to me, but wadda I know. <shrugs>

Old 09-12-2009, 06:48 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,233,802 times
Default just sayin'

Yeah but you should have made sure the Dog would be alright.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:13 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,787,321 times
My 2nd level manager broke out a window on a truck with a dog inside. Called the cops and they ticketed...

... the owner of the truck! Sucks to be them because they got to replace their window and pay the fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio