Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 09:19 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,408,856 times

Advertisements

I try to frequent local stores such as Penner's or where I shop, Joseph's, http://www.josephsmenstore.com. They caary all the mentioned name brand shoes. I have had the same salesman for 25 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 12:39 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,821,902 times
Liked the Mephisto-Fonsio but decided to go with the Allen Edmonds-Maxfield this time. Nice shoe..airport friendly and comfortable. They will be put in my rotation this week.
Saw them while I was in NYC this past week. I decided to call Joseph's (store that another poster recommended) and they had the same style/color. Why buy in NYC and have to schlep them back here? Went to Joseph's this morning and picked them up. $250 + tax.

BTW- I looked at several other shoes while I was in Joseph's...they don't carry Cole Haan at all.

Old 09-19-2009, 01:19 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,363,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Liked the Mephisto-Fonsio but decided to go with the Allen Edmonds-Maxfield this time. Nice shoe..airport friendly and comfortable. They will be put in my rotation this week.
Saw them while I was in NYC this past week. I decided to call Joseph's (store that another poster recommended) and they had the same style/color. Why buy in NYC and have to schlep them back here? Went to Joseph's this morning and picked them up. $250 + tax.

BTW- I looked at several other shoes while I was in Joseph's...they don't carry Cole Haan at all.
I'm glad you found your shoes! I'm also glad Willgar mentioned Josephs. A lot of people get them mixed up with Jos. A Banks....thinking "Joseph's" is just another name for them. Excellent place to shop for men's clothing.

FCF.....have you ever been in to Sawtelle's? Willgar....I'm certain you have!
I have gone in there to shop and found their stock to cater to a little more mature group. Am I off on that? It's a wonderful shop....cater's to high end.....and I love the "bar" so customers can have a "scotch" on the rocks while they shop! LOL! I've just not found anything that I'm will to risk without the person I'm shopping for being with me. They are not inexpensive.....but definitely a very nice shop for men.

Old 09-19-2009, 02:17 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,408,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
I'm glad you found your shoes! I'm also glad Willgar mentioned Josephs. A lot of people get them mixed up with Jos. A Banks....thinking "Joseph's" is just another name for them. Excellent place to shop for men's clothing.

FCF.....have you ever been in to Sawtelle's? Willgar....I'm certain you have!
I have gone in there to shop and found their stock to cater to a little more mature group. Am I off on that? It's a wonderful shop....cater's to high end.....and I love the "bar" so customers can have a "scotch" on the rocks while they shop! LOL! I've just not found anything that I'm will to risk without the person I'm shopping for being with me. They are not inexpensive.....but definitely a very nice shop for men.
True, I have been to the aforementioned and, although closer, I drive to Joseph's. In semi-retirement, I seldom dress more formally than Bill's Khakis and a Polo shirt.

Both and Penner's are all locally owned. It is with interest how all three have over the past 25-30 years adapted to changing economics and customer bases. All three have retrenched into single fortress stores with the family owners overseeing the day to day operations rather than overextending with too many satellites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio