Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2009, 07:43 PM

30 posts, read 64,851 times

Advertisements

Y’all might want to check your home security company to verify your security! This is just a warning to everyone to check out your security and/or monitoring company. We are 2 years new to San Antonio but I guess we should have known! We are in the Stone Oak area, but no area is immune. For future reference, most of these bogus companies are out of Utah, but as you'll see, they also register here in San Antonio! Be smart, and be safe!
----------------------------------------------

In a nutshell, a security company came through our neighborhood in July 2008, one week after a double-murder occurred. They offered 5 free alarm installations. That was our first mistake. We took it, they checked our current system, added their own new main box, filled out the contract, took the credit card information for monthly monitoring Moderator cut: name of company - Naming the company makes this a consumer complaint. No consumer complaints, per TOS. They present defamation issues and don't provide the other party with the opportunity to respond.. Moderator cut: 1 sentence with link - See comment.

Last edited by Bo; 09-14-2009 at 10:01 PM.. Reason: Linking to your own blog is not permitted, unless it resides at City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 07:50 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,505,100 times
Moderator cut: quote of OP

I think M2 should chip in on how he protects his home! I cant tell you how many times i booted out door 2 door alarm salesmen.

Last edited by Bo; 09-15-2009 at 05:52 AM.. Reason: Post #1 was modified after it was quoted here.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:09 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,987,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
I think M2 should chip in on how he protects his home!
Hey! That's classified information!

Sorry to hear about your troubles, I think if you go through a reputable and well-known company you would have avoided all of these problems. We got ours through USAA ,and it's been accidentally "tested" on a few occasions...but luckily everything occurred as expected.

And the OP should have posted the DPS link to check the status of any security company:

Company Search

However, as svg210 alluded to; you can't depend 100% on your security company--or even the police--to protect you. Be sure to have the capability to protect youself, the ones you love and your property if need be. Your life--and the lives of your family--may depend on it!

Cheers! M2

Old 02-15-2010, 01:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,309 times
Default Be carefull

Im in the bussiness and can only tell you to be sure the salesperson is licensed in Texas. If they dont have it on them send them away.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:16 PM

4,327 posts, read 7,234,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melowout View Post
In a nutshell, a security company came through our neighborhood in July 2008, one week after a double-murder occurred. They offered 5 free alarm installations. That was our first mistake.
Yep, alarm companies will more than likely descend upon your neighborhood going door-to-door and greet you with "did you hear what happened to your neighbor down the street" after a break-in or home invasion occurs in the area.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:00 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times
so what's wrong with them? I believe multiple layers of security are your best option and I consider them one layer. It obviously has to be monitored and provided by a reputable company.

Old 02-16-2010, 05:54 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,834,325 times
Some of them aren't licensed - which usually is a pretty good indication that they don't bother doing lots of other things that they should - like actually monitoring the system they sold you! We got hooked on something similar about 10 years ago, but fortunately got wise to 'em early, and was able to track down the jerk that owned the company at his home.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio