U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-18-2009, 02:08 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
2,260 posts, read 4,941,822 times
Reputation: 1490

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyinSa View Post
I handle interviews very well if given the chance.
I am 110% trustworthy.
I have a high school diploma, and have attended and completed some college, due to financial reasons was unable to continue.
I do not do drugs.
I am not rude or condescending when applying for jobs . I'm very humble.
I'm just sick and tired of Affirmative Action and companies allowing racism to continue.

As far as qualifications do these count?

Microsoft Word
Microsoft Publisher
Excel
fax /copier /scanner
Internet Explorer
DOS
cash handling
sales: retail, food, balance transfers netting over $1 million a month average
food presentation/delivery
event planner
filing -alphabetical/numerical
bank deposits/withdrawals
pallet jack
lift up to 60 lbs
RFID /UPC codes/reader
stock and fronting of goods
driving without and with passengers
assisting elderly - with housekeeping, light meals, making sure meds are taken on time, wound dressings, ointment application
pet care
So what makes you stand out from everyone else who have the same skills?

 
Old 09-18-2009, 02:10 PM
 
574 posts, read 1,160,949 times
Reputation: 400
lol @ "allowing racism to continue" ....seriously?

How are you sure it is racism? Were you pulled aside by a person in the company that told you the HR Manager discarded your resume/application because of your seemingly "anglo saxon" name?

Don't you know Affirmative Action has helped plenty of white women get hired in this country?
 
Old 09-18-2009, 02:12 PM
 
1,131 posts, read 1,473,765 times
Reputation: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyinSa View Post
I handle interviews very well if given the chance.
I am 110% trustworthy.
I have a high school diploma, and have attended and completed some college, due to financial reasons was unable to continue.
I do not do drugs.
I am not rude or condescending when applying for jobs . I'm very humble.
I'm just sick and tired of Affirmative Action and companies allowing racism to continue.

As far as qualifications do these count?

Microsoft Word
Microsoft Publisher
Excel
fax /copier /scanner
Internet Explorer
DOS
cash handling
sales: retail, food, balance transfers netting over $1 million a month average
food presentation/delivery
event planner
filing -alphabetical/numerical
bank deposits/withdrawals
pallet jack
lift up to 60 lbs
RFID /UPC codes/reader
stock and fronting of goods
driving without and with passengers
assisting elderly - with housekeeping, light meals, making sure meds are taken on time, wound dressings, ointment application
pet care
Well obviously it's because you're white. What ELSE could it possibly be.
 
Old 09-18-2009, 02:15 PM
 
Location: outskirts of Alamo Heights
35 posts, read 50,551 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
So what makes you stand out from everyone else who have the same skills?

I provide service with a genuine smile. I go out of my way to help people and I don't have that "Gimmie mentality" many people have in the Service industry. I put the extra care in what I do. From presentation of food to presentation of displays.

I have worked in call centers in the past ( burned out ) but due to health reasons I can no longer do so or I'll end up in the hospital and with no health insurance I don't think it would be a good idea to go to the emergency room without insurance or a way to pay the bill for that matter.
I need to keep moving in a job to stay healthy.
 
Old 09-18-2009, 02:15 PM
 
427 posts, read 1,037,209 times
Reputation: 431
I have blonde hair, blue eyes, and a job in San Antonio.

Good luck in your search
 
Old 09-18-2009, 02:16 PM
 
355 posts, read 1,243,972 times
Reputation: 169
Hey Candy Can you tell us about a time in your past when you were faced with a difficult situation and how you handled it? did you post an angry thread online?
 
Old 09-18-2009, 02:16 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
2,260 posts, read 4,941,822 times
Reputation: 1490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadlockd View Post
lol @ "allowing racism to continue" ....seriously?

How are you sure it is racism? Were you pulled aside by a person in the company that told you the HR Manager discarded your resume/application because of your seemingly "anglo saxon" name?

Don't you know Affirmative Action has helped plenty of white women get hired in this country?
Excellent post.
 
Old 09-18-2009, 02:19 PM
 
1,131 posts, read 1,473,765 times
Reputation: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyinSa View Post
I provide service with a genuine smile. I go out of my way to help people and I don't have that "Gimmie mentality" many people have in the Service industry. I put the extra care in what I do. From presentation of food to presentation of displays.
I just laugh that because you can't get hired you blame it on racism. I have a friend who's Hispanic, with the surname and everything, and he can't hired at the places he applied to save his life. I guess maybe it's because he's Hispanic and the true race that gets jobs here is black.

Quote:
I have worked in call centers in the past ( burned out ) but due to health reasons I can no longer do so or I'll end up in the hospital and with no health insurance I don't think it would be a good idea to go to the emergency room without insurance or a way to pay the bill for that matter.
I need to keep moving in a job to stay healthy.
I feel for you, don't get me wrong, but this thread was a waste. The blaming your not getting hired on Hispanics/race is just stupid. Did you have nothing better to do today?
 
Old 09-18-2009, 02:27 PM
 
Location: outskirts of Alamo Heights
35 posts, read 50,551 times
Reputation: 28
look I have a right to post about what I feel is wrong just as much as you people have a right to gang up on me. Last time I checked America is a free Country.

None of the responders answered my question.

Are there any businesses that hire White people? I want to know what businesses.
 
Old 09-18-2009, 02:28 PM
 
Location: San Antonio-Westover Hills
6,878 posts, read 18,183,103 times
Reputation: 5152
Um...hey all you folks that have been trying to get a job...seriously now, I realize it's Texas, and we haven't been hit as hard as other places, but we're still hurting for new jobs. I know that to be true in certain industries in Houston...so it may not even be an issue of skin color...how about maybe an economy issue instead?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top