Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 03:07 PM

190 posts, read 219,821 times

Advertisements

Yes, I do greatly. On the surface, SA looks like any other "major" city, based on it's population numbers. However, once you carefully examine the demographics here it becomes apparent that it is nothing like other top 10 US cities.

This is a poor city, and it shows. The only way it's ever going to attract business growth is if more educated people from other areas start moving (and staying here). Otherwise, it will continue on it's current path of blatant insularity.

Just don't say that to anyone who enjoys this lifestyle, as they'll become defensive and ultimately end up attacking a more cosmopolitan viewpoint.

Last edited by AustinTraveler; 10-09-2007 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: That's how you express a "cosmopolitan" viewpoint?

Old 10-09-2007, 03:11 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjuranko View Post
Just curious. Would like to hear from ex-Californians about their move to SA, likes and dislikes about SA, would you do it again?

Thanks,

jjuranko
apparently alll posters know where SA is.
i assume south america? wrong? south atlanta? maybe?
i wana play im the new guy let me in.
stephen s
san diego ca

Old 10-09-2007, 06:26 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
apparently alll posters know where SA is.
i assume south america? wrong? south atlanta? maybe?
i wana play im the new guy let me in.
stephen s
san diego ca
Well..............considering that this is the San Antonio board, one might assume that they were speaking of San Antonio.

Old 10-09-2007, 06:33 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Well..............considering that this is the San Antonio board, one might assume that they were speaking of San Antonio.
so i can aspire to get out of dummy catagory where does it show on the post the name of the board.
i am the new guy.
stephen s
san diego
ps
does it help if i tell you i am a U. of Houston grad?
does that make it worse?
i also have a burning question since i have been gone from texas since 71
do they hate everybody or just people from california?
if they hate everybody then have they brcome like the french in my absence?

Old 10-09-2007, 06:44 PM

Quote:
so i can aspire to get out of dummy catagory where does it show on the post the name of the board.
i am the new guy.
stephen s
san diego
ps
does that make it worse?
Ummmmmmmmmm, what?

I don't hate Californians. My mother is a Californian. I can't speak for the others.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:37 PM

874 posts, read 2,894,008 times
Quote:
i am the new guy.
stephen s
san diego
ps
does that make it worse?
At the top of the page, it displays City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio. This would be an indicator that you are on the San Antonio board.

Je vous en prie.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:39 PM

Quote:
i am the new guy.
stephen s
san diego
ps
does that make it worse?
Also, you have 815 posts. How does that qualify as a "new guy?"

Old 10-11-2007, 05:41 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,989,445 times
Quote:
i am the new guy.
stephen s
san diego
ps
does that make it worse?
You are a University of Houston grad? Didn't they teach proper capitalization there?

And what firsthand experience do you have with the French that allows you to make such a broad sweeping comment like that? I lived in southern Belgium near the border with France, and have spent a lot of time in that country. I have also had a lot of firsthand experience working with their armed forces while with NATO. Whereas they have their idiosyncrasies just like everyone else, I have found them to be a friendly and outgoing people. Actually, they probably treat Americans better and have a greater respect for our culture then most Americans have for them. But a majority of the time that is due to outright ignorance, as you so aptly displayed.

No, people in Texas don’t hate all Californians; just those who feel they have to come here and change things to make it more like that state. Do us all a favor, and stay there…

M2

Old 10-11-2007, 03:27 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjuranko View Post
Just curious. Would like to hear from ex-Californians about their move to SA, likes and dislikes about SA, would you do it again?

Thanks,

jjuranko
I think a better question given the attitude of some from California that have moved here to spew their venom is what are OUR dislikes and likes of those ex-Californians that have moved to SA and would we ALLOW them to do it again?

There are those that are WONDERFUL....and then those that are...are...well, not so much!

Old 10-11-2007, 08:28 PM

944 posts, read 3,063,328 times
Let me guess. The Californians who love SA are the wonderful ones, and the ones who don't like it... not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio